03 | COBRA KAI NEVER DIES

Y/N DIDN'T EXPECT to receive a text from Robby so early in the morning but she did nonetheless

Y/N DIDN'T EXPECT to receive a text from Robby so early in the morning but she did nonetheless. She checked her phone and was met with a series of very long spam messages from her half brother.

Instead of responding to the texts, she pressed the call button.

"Hello?" Y/N called into the phone once it had stopped ringing.

"I'm guessing you've seen it too." He said. Right, he was cutting straight to the chase.

"Yeah, I saw it at school. He's training this guy I know." Y/N answered, getting out of her bed. Her morning voice still present as she spoke into the phone.

"You know he was a fucking deadbeat to both of us but then he has the nerve to take up another kid while having two that he doesn't bother to spend time with. That's a real asshole move, even for him." Robby admitted, laughing coldly into the phone.

"Hey, remember, we don't need him. I'll find out as much as I can about this, there's no way that Cobra Kai will stay in the valley by the time we're done with it." Y/N encouraged, she really hoped that it would cheer Robby up.

"We should hang out soon." Robby declared.

"That could work for me, tell me when and I will. I actually have to go now, I've got school." They both said their goodbyes and hung up after that.

...

Miguel had tried his best to avoid Kyler at all costs so the quartet decided to spend lunch in library so they could study for an upcoming test.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Y/N asked before taking a seat, she hadn't seen Miguel all day and didn't expect him to look all bruised.

"Kyler."

"That asshole? You could have easily taken him on, what happened?" With all those karate lessons he was taking with Y/N's dad, she was hoping it'd at least give him a backbone.

Miguel proceeded to explain what had happened and how stayed and defended Demetri and Eli last night and how had gotten injured in the process. It wasn't fair to begin with, it was four against one.

"So, that's it? No more karate?" Demetri asked, leaning closer to Miguel.

Miguel nodded, "I guess so."

"It's probably for the best. It was starting to boost your confidence." Y/N leaned back in her seat at the comment, she found Demetri amusing.

Miguel furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Isn't that supposed to be a good thing." Not with Demetri it wasn't.

Demetri scoffed, "No. What has confidence ever gotten anybody except for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash?"

"Laid. Confidence has gotten people laid." Y/N announced, slightly frustrated by Demetri.

Eli snorted at her comment, this caused Demetri to focus his attention on the pair.

"I thought it was kind of cool how you stood up to Kyler." Eli announced, not making direct eye contact with Miguel.

"Me too." Y/N agreed, "Well, before you got your ass kicked."

"Are you two insane!?" Demetri exclaimed which earned them a 'hush' from the school librarian.

"That's coming from you? Your moms had to tested Demetri." Y/N stated, this earned a surprised look from Demetri. How could she have known about that?

"Where'd you hear that?"

Y/N simply grinned at him, not answering the question he had asked.

"Let me ask you. What is the best super power anyone could have?" Demetri asked, changing the subject as he began straightening himself up in his chair.

"Super strength?" Miguel questioned but he didn't seem sure of his answer.

"Vocal manipulation, it'd distract from all the screaming." Y/N said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. It seemed to earn her a terrified glance from Demetri.

"What do you mean by that?" Eli questioned. Y/N leaned towards him and whispered something in his ear which caused him to become tense. This seem to terrify Demetri and Miguel even more.

"Wrong. Invisibility. A distance second would be super speed, to run away fast." Demetri finished, slightly on edge from Y/N's previous comment, unfortunately for them they had a surprise visitor.

"Run away from who!?" Kyler asked, walking towards the table, his friend Bruck's following closely behind.

Miguel groaned as him and the others scrambled to get up quickly and grab their stuff.

"Whom." Bruck's correct which earned a confused glance from Kyler. "It's the object of a preposition. Remember English class."

"We were just leaving." Miguel announced as him and the others got up from their chairs.

"Hey, where are you going?" Kyler grabbed Eli by the collar and turned him around so that he could inspect Eli's face, "Oh, look at this freak. What kind of girl would ever kiss this shit?"

Y/N rolled her eyes, "Leave him alone, Kyler."

Kyler turned his head slightly to face Y/N, "Oh that's right, you would."

"Dealing to nerd now are we, Y/N? Tell me, what have you got these three on? Oxy?"Bruck's retorted, slamming a book against her shoulder.

"Oh you want to be difficult? I'll cut you off, no weed. You'll have to go to that homeless meth dealer in east valley." Y/N felt her blood boil, Kyler was getting on her last nerves.

"Get the hell out of here." Kyler sighed before he grabbed Miguel by the head and shoved him away, Bruck doing the same to Eli and Y/N. Demetri on the other hand didn't make it away in time and wasn't so lucky.

Kyler grabbed Demetri's bag from him, parading it around as if it were a toy.

"No, come on. Not the trash, I just threw a yogurt in there." Demetri tried to reach for his backpack but was shoved away, Kyler throwing the black bag in the trash.

"Now it's double dip." Kyler laughed, watching as Demetri pulled out the gross yogurt covered bag from out of the trash before walking away in disgust.

Once Y/N was out of the library, she took out her phone and sent Robby a text.

You won't have to worry about Cobra Kai, everything's taken care of.