Chapter 16

Kiah

We enter a large office and see Angelo and Frederic seated
"Bestie I'm so glad you're safe.I wanted to visit you but the mean giant said to let you rest."Frederic says as he pulls me into a hug.I almost smile at how dramatic this man can be.

Julien sits at his desk as the rest of us take any available seat.I stare at Angelo and he looks at me  with a kind smile.I definitely need to speak to him about my sperm donor.
"Well this has been a shit storm."Angelo says and everyone mumbles their agreement.

"What exactly happened? This was a planned ambush." I ask one of the questions thats been bothering me among others.Frederic sighs.

"Shit happened so fast.I had a meeting with Ivan and some of his men and they were going over new information.They found Stevens name and his family's address but the family is missing. I knew it was a matter of time before they have Kiah's name.Apparently Agostini had some more men and they were more efficient.They showed a picture of you but with your Aunt outside your building.I swear when Ivan saw the picture his eyes popped out of his skull and he got up immediately.I let Julien know but didn't think much of it since you have the increased security and there was no reason to kill you because they haven't killed the others.The only roughed up the men who wouldn't give any information.." He says and Julien takes over.

"After Frederic told me what happened my uncle calls me saying he got in touch with Angelo and he'll contact me directly.When Angelo called I told him what happened and I could hear the concern but I was still in Paris.Luckily he was in London so I told him where you would be." He finishes and we stare at Angelo

"Five years ago when I got intel that someone was looking into the family I couldn't figure out why but I gave incorrect information to prevent them from looking further.In the transmission I only got one name Agostini.I heard about him being a brutal assassin and also sadisttic but stays under the radar.Not many people meet him and live. I started monitoring him and found out he's Ambrossio's son."Angelo stares at me "you're brother." He adds and my mother interjects asking how?

"Ambrossio usually kills the women who are pregnant or claim to be pregnant with his child.He knew he would choose the woman who would bare his heir.Jenelle do you remember the blonde bimbo he was screwing and you beat her ass?" He asks and my mother nods

"She concealed her pregnancy in the hopes of getting Ambrossio but he would have only killed her if he found out.After his death she slept around to move up in the organization but none of the men wanted to care for another man's child.She resented him and there's rumors of abuse but it's not confirmed. Agostini killed when he was fifteen.Since then he's protested that he's the last heir to the Vitale Mafia. He's been making deals with other mobs and Ivan being the snake he's always been agreed to help and use his niece to unite the mafias when Agostini builds up enough funds.Now the picture Frederic mentioned is what triggered the attack." He says and glances at aunt Nat

She sighs. "I met Ivan when Guillermo held me captive.He tried to assault me and I kicked his ass.The man is a pussy." She says and scuffs.I hear Julien and Frederic laughing.

"When Ivan saw your pic the transmission I got from monitoring Agostini made them realize that if Natasha isn't dead the same situation might be for Jenelle and Kiah.Agostini is a smart man and he suspected this from five years ago.When Ivan confirmed Natasha's identity he looked into the information and connected Jenelle and Kiah based on her age.He's an impulsive man and sent the kill order immediately so there won't be any protests." He adds and I'm still confused.

"We aren't interested in the Mafia so why come after us?." I ask because it seems like Agostini can just take over without including us in the situation.

"Believe it or not the Mafia does have rules and codes that we abide by and this goes against Agostini.Jenelle is the Donna through marriage and Kiah you're Ambrossio's heir through the union.Agostini was conceived out of the union and unless he was accepted he wouldn't be eligible for a position or even the title of Do in the organization.This meant that he would have to enter the Mafia through marriage hence Cassandra.Kiah and Jenelle although not common for women to lead.You two would still have the right to take over.I never wanted or cared for the position so I wasn't on his kill list but now he's out for all of us. A friend of mine is protecting Aunt Sylvia so she's safe for now."he finishes and this shit just got more complicated.

I'm the heir to a Mafia and my half brother wants to kill me.