chapter 4

We all jumped up so quickly that I got dizzy and had to wait for a few seconds.

"Well?what is it ?" Kieran asked impatiently

"Well...um...maybe you should sit do-," Davey stuttered out trying to stall when kai cut him off.

"Just spit it out Davey." Kai said rather angrily.

"Its the russian mafia ok, all your parents are involved with them some how and they betrayed the Russians," He paused taking a calming breath," your parents were their scientists and they created a portal that could wipe anyone from the collective consciousness and..." he read from his computer.

He stopped reading as if he was afraid to say the next thing he was reading.

"And... what else is there?" I asked him

"And,I dont know when,they had to have thrown you in there cause there is no other way to do that. The only reason that i j ow who you are is because i do a security check on everyone that walks through that door ." He finished letting put a exasperated breath.

We were sitting there silently all lost in our own worlds.

I was first to speak

"Is there any way to maybe fix it or reverse it or...or..." I said very panicked

I think everything just caught up with me, all the stress,worry,anger,sadness everything, and it was just to much for me to handle.

I dont remember who I fell into all I know is that their arms were ferm and the heat of their body engulfed me before I blacked out I heard voices

"There has to be a way to fix,we have to tell her." The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't quit place it

Then just blackness

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

When I woke up I was back in the room where I woke up. All the memories of yesterday flooded my mind and I wondered who carried me up and into the bed.

I shakily got up and made my way to the kitchen

When I got there I saw that kai was sitting there half asleep and Kieran was actual asleep on the couch.

"Kai?" I said in a whisper

He jumped awake trying to find the source of sound.

When his eyes found mine his eyes looked red and tired. He looked exhausted.

"Oh thank goodness your awake, we were so worried when you fainted." He said in one go before coming up to me and crushing me in a tight comforting hug.

By now Kieran was also awake and looking at us.

"Hey,how do you feel?" He smiled faintly

"I'm good but what happens I dont remember much so..." I trailed off not knowing what to say

"Well, you were talking when you just fainted, we think it was nerves or something..."kai muttered out before continuing," davey said that he couldn't hack into their systems but he said that he has a friend working with them so we could go to them." He finished of

"Ok , for how long was I out? How late is it ? And when do we go a see this guy?" I bombarded them with questions.

"You were put for 2 days , it is 2am and we can leave tomorrow morning if your up for it." Kai said not missing a beat.

We all decided to head back to bed and go see the guy in the morning.

I have been lying in bed for the last hour and I can seem to fall asleep.

I'm contemplating going and sleeping with one of the guys when my door opens and I see Kieran.

Wordlessly I move to the side of the bed and he climbs in. Not even a minute later I feel arms wrap around me waisted and pull me closer to warm body.

I lay my head on his bare chest and listened to our breathing.

As soon as I knew it I was asleep.

**Kieran POV**

I looked at the sleeping girl in my arms and wondered how I was gonna tell her .

I had to tell her that her parents weren't her real parents, that I know how to reverse it but it's super dangerous, that i think she's beautiful.

That last thought caught me off guard I have never called a girl beautiful before but that's what she was. Beautiful.

Her raven black hair that reached her lower back, her blue eyes that reminded me of the ocean.

Pure perfection.

We need to think of a plan. Maybe we could jump back into that portal and it will some how reverse it.

I'll have to discuss it with them but I think it's a pretty good idea.

I felt her stirring next to me looked down to see her looking panicked and scared.

She started panting and trying to get out of my hold . I gently tried nudging her awake.

She suddenly jumped awake,frantically looking around once her eyes landed on me she instantly relaxed.

"Bad dream?" I asked softly while she lay down in my arms again.

"Yeah, but it was a really weird dream." She mumbled, if I wasn't this close to her I wouldnt have heard what she said

"Tell me about it." I said well getting comfortable

"I was alone at my house,we were the only house on our street. I heard knocking on the door and when I opened it.",she shiverd what looked to be in fear before continuing, " there was this big man made out of mud and he tried to kill me and then I just...died." she finished of with a heavy sigh

I didnt say anything I just wrapped my arms around her waist my head in the crook of her neck.

Soon enough she was asleep again her breathing even. I didnt take long for the song of slumber to lull me to sleep