Prologue

The moon hung low in the cloudy night sky casting an eerie glow over one town. The latter, lays gripped in fear. The streets, once vibrant with life, now echoed with an underlying sense of dread. The stage was once again set for a chilling cat and mouse game, where only the strongest would survive. More victims, more death and most certainly more hearts.

A blood-curdling scream reverberated around a glacial warehouse that was close to the town of Queenstown.

I ferociously sliced through the body of my new victim, blood gushing forth and dripping down my hands. More and more ear-splitting screams filled the warehouse, but I blanked them out, not bothered to listen anymore. "I have to continue," I calmly said to myself as I tried to ignore the agonising screams. It wasn't that the screams made me feel miserable; it was because they were giving me a damn headache. Normally, screams gave me pleasure shooting through my veins, but that night, they just annoyed me.

"Oh, just shut up," I hollered as I grabbed her face and repeatedly slammed her head onto the floor.

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Crack

The screaming ends and a silent atmosphere surrounds me and the lifeless girl. I chuckled bitterly as I silently watched crimson spew from her head wound.

Murder number twelve was completed.

Twelve people were dead under my lethal grip.

Blood splattered on me and the surrounding area as I continued to cut up her body. Taking my scalpel, I extracted the heart and placed it in a container that was by my side.

Once, I finished cutting up her body, I carried the body pieces and placed them carefully in my car boot, making sure not to lose sight of the heart, which was the most crucial part. After all, the heart gave me my media name.

I'm sure you're wondering what my name is.

Well, my name is The Heart Ripper!

The Heart Ripper is a serial killer that taunts a town. The police are yet to discover the identity of the killer. Their murders are beyond horrific, and they change after each victim. They don't have a certain method of murder and their victims don't look the same. So how does the killer choose their next victim? That is a question that circles the media like a shark circling its prey.

Forbidding dark clouds and a death-filled atmosphere holds one unfortunate town. The latter, which was once a place where children screamed with happiness, is now a place where children scream with terror.

A string of murders has plagued a quiet town called Queenstown. Many people are dying as a result of the serial killer's actions. Bodies pile up with their hearts missing. The total number of kills has now reached twelve. This is the most heinous serial killer Queenstown has ever seen. Who is the killer and is there a connection between the murders?