Champagne Problems

Wanda Maximoff × Female Reader
Words: 8138

Based on Taylor Swift's Champagne Problems

You booked the night train for a reason
So you could sit there in this hurt
Bustling crowds or silent sleepers
You're not sure which is worse

The cold air of New York filled her lungs as she walked through the streets of the big city. She was back in town after a long time outside the country. But even after all that time, her feet were basically walking on their own as she made her way to the cafe that used to be her favorite some years ago.
The sudden warmth hit her face as she walked through the doors of the establishment, and the familiar smell of coffee and food drew a smile on her face.

- Natasha Romanoff, what a nice surprise! - A male voice shouted from the bar with emotion - It has been a long time since the last time I saw you walking through that door - he continued as the redhead walked towards him.

- Dan, it's great to see you too - she answered with a soft smile taking a seat in front of the bar - How has everything been around here?

- Oh, we've been fine, you know, there has been no more alien invasion or attempts of ancient mythological gods to conquer the city, so, everything has been normal here - he laughed and the girl did too. The lives of those poor people have not been the same since Loki's last visit to earth.

- I'm glad to hear that - she said smiling - Can i have a regular coffee? - she asked and the man nodded.

- So, how you've been Natasha? Is fighting and protecting our world as tired as i heard? - Dan asked her as he began to prepare her order.

- You tell me. Have you ever blown up an entire country while fighting an army of robots a thousand feet from the ground?

- Oh yeah, the news from Sokovia was definitely a note, what a crazy world isn't? A whole country completely gone from the face of earth... - the man said, but when he saw the girl's reaction immediately added - But I'm sure you did what was necessary.

The Russian smirked and nodded without saying a word.

It's been a while since i last saw Y/N too, how is she? - he said trying to change the conversation.

Natasha felt a knot on her stomach at the mention of your name. It has been a while since someone asked her for you. She was the last person anyone expected to know something about you. Well, at least anyone who knew what had happened between the both of you.

- Oh, Y/N and i are not together anymore. We broke up a few years ago - she said almost in a whisper.

The man handed her the coffee with a surprise expression on his face. He couldn't believed what he was hearing. You and Natasha... Broke up? How could such an impossible thing could've happen?

- I'm sorry Natasha, i wouldn't have asked if I knew - Dan apologized.

- Don't worry, no many people outside the team knew about it, it was a very private matter - she said taking a sip of her coffee.

The man just nodded, not sure of what to say.

- Excuse me sir, I'll have a cappuccino and a bagel please - a voice spoke from the other side of the bar.

- Uhh sure, in a moment - Dan replied giving Natasha one last apologetic look before heading back to work.

She just smile and said goodbye heading towards the door to leave.

5 years ago

- I swear this place has an amazing chocolate cake, and the coffee is also really good, c'mon Natty, come with me - your pleading voice filled the redhead's room as you were trying to convince her to go with you to a new cafe you found a few days before .