Roses

5156 Words
Wanda Maximoff x reader

---------

Walking on your way to your girlfriend's house you passed in front of your regular flower shop.
Mariel, the elderly woman who owns the place smiles at you the moment you walked in.

- Y/N! It's good to see you - she greets kindly

- Good evening Mrs. Mariel, how are you doing today? - you asks with smile

- Everything's been lovely here sweetie, but I missed your visits, have you been busy?

You nod and take a glance at the rose the woman it's picking from the bouquet on the shelf.

-Yes, kind of, school has been killing me these last few days and I barely had time to go to Wanda's. - you say, trying to avoid saying the real reasons why you haven't visited Wanda for almost two weeks.

- Here's your regular - she says with a smile handing out the beautiful rose she has picked for you today - I hope this helps you to make up to her for those days

You laugh a little and pay for the flower before making your way to the door. You really hope that flower could help you.

Sometimes your friends would ask, why you always brought only one flower to Wanda. They didn't understand why you didn't give her the full bouquet all in once.
The answer was very simple actually, it was a little tradition that started since you were 9 years old and Wanda was your best friend in middle school.

------

- Hold on sweetheart, let me buy some flowers for your mother - your dad said to you, stopping on a flower stand.

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion

- Why are you bringing flowers to mommy?

Your dad laughed a little and payed for the bouquet.

- Sometimes people give flowers to their love ones just as a reminder of how much they love or appreciate them - he explained.

You thought about that for a moment.

- So you are giving flowers to mom because you love her - you said making sure you have understood.

Your father nodded with a smile.

- If I appreciate my friend, that means I can give her flowers ? - you asked

- Yes, well if she likes flowers it would be a nice gift.

The next day you took one of the roses from the bouquet your father gave to your mother and put it on your backpack.
When you arrived to school, you waited for your best friend Wanda to arrive.
Once you spotted her on the crowd of kids you made you way towards her.

- Hi Wanda! Hi Pietro! - you greeted the girl and her brother.

- Hi Y/N! - they greeted you back with big smiles.

Pietro ran away from the two of you to meet with his friends and Wanda and you sat on the swings waiting for the bell to ring.

- I got you something - you said happy.

- What is it? - she asked curiously

- First of all, do you like flowers?

The girl nodded with a smile.

- Yes, I like them

- Good, my dad brought flowers to my mom yesterday, and he said that you give flowers to  people you appreciate or love, so I brought a flower for you - you said and handed to the girl the flower you had brought to for her.