Chapter 1: Casita Falls

Mirabel opened her eyes to dusty field that she used to call her home, with pieces of Casita scattered across the ground, as multiple pieces of the house protected her from the sudden impact. She looked down as her hand to the flickering candle, keeping her opposite hand over it, silently hoping to keep the flame alive, before it suddenly going out. "No," said Mirabel, as she heard the shutters wave goodbye for a final time, falling over in opposite directions. The magic is gone. She sat in the rubble of her family's house, hearing her name be called out. Her mother, Julieta, runs up to her. "Mirabel, are you hurt?" She asked, slowly lifting up her daughter's head to look at her, with Mirabel softly nodding. "Mirabel," Julieta says before hearing her names be called out across the field. "Julieta, come quick!" Pepa, Mirabel's tía called out for her sister. "Julieta!" "Don't move, I'll be right back" Julieta told her daughter, before running towards her sister's voice. Mirabel looked down at the ground, covered in dust and gravel. She starts to hear her family around her, comforting everyone and asking about the lost of the magic. "Here, let me help you. Let me help you," Dolores, Mirabel's cousin, spoke as she gently set down Abuela onto the ground, with her face covered in sadness and dismay. Julieta turned around to talk to her daughter, with her being nowhere in sight. "Mirabel? Mirabel! Where's Mirabel? Where is she?"she asked frantically. "Mirabel!" both Julieta and Agustín, Mirabel's father, called out for her. A couple of miles away, Mirabel walks away from Encanto, walking through the mountain that once protected and guarded her beautiful hometown.