SHORTCAKE?

Authors Note: For anyone who ever wanted to play with Jinx's hair, this chapter is for you<3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
♪ ♪ ♪

"Bunny, where were you? You missed all the fun! "

Lav sighed tiredly as she lugged herself through Jinx's hideout, taking off the mask around her face and throwing it on her desk.

"Out," Lav responded, looking over at the girl. She had something hidden behind her back.

"Jinx," She groaned, "what do you have?"

"Ohhhhhhh, nothing important."

Lav knew that tone immediately; it definitely wasn't "not important."

"Jinx, I'm tired." She began, she didn't want to deal with the girls' antics right now.

"Jinx, I'm tired," Jinx said back in a mocking tone as she fiddled with whatever was behind her back.

"Stop being obnoxious," Lav said as she quirked her brow at the girl.

"You stop being obn-, obno-." She stuttered a little, her lips trying to hide her giddiness. "Whatever the fuck you just said." As she chuckled to herself before walking up to the lav.

"I stole," she whispered, even though they were the only beings there.

Lav couldn't help but laugh at her expression. "What did you steal?" She asked, humoring her a little.

Jinx finally revealed what was hiding behind her back, pulling out a blue-glowing orb.

"What the—?"

"Stone." She cut her off, giggling to herself, walking back over to the edge of her hideout. There was some contraption on the floor, along with books and notes.

"Did Silco put you up to this?" Lav asked, feeling unsure.

"No," The girl muttered as she fiddled with the gadget in front of her. "I did it because I wanted to. He said Sevika was going to fix it, but I knew whatever that orge did wouldn't fix it for him, so I stole this."

"You shouldn't have to steal something to solve a problem." Lav felt irritation rise through her at how blind Jinx seemed when it came to Silco. "If you make a mistake, you make a mistake. Simple as that. But you don't run off and steal! Especially from piltover, nothing ever comes good from topside. You don't have to do things to make people in your life stay. They should want you in your life despite your mistakes. "

Jinx peered over her shoulder to see Lav seething slightly to herself before getting up and walking back over to her.

"Hey, are you okay, toots?" Jinx reached forward, her cold hands pushing some of Lav's hair out of her face. Before calming herself, Lav took a deep breath. "I'm fine, just worried, that's all. What does it even do? "

"Well," Jinx began, making her way back over to the stone and her notes. "It's all about these runes. They form some kind of math-y, magic-y, gateway. " She said as she flipped through her notes, Lav could have sworn she felt like Jinx wasn't just talking to her. She peeked over at the doll hanging from the ceiling and the spiky-haired statue over in the corner. They felt more familiar than usual.

Jinx threw the notes away as she inspected more of the machine. "To the realm of heebie-jeebies."

Lav silently nodded, pretending she had any clue what jinx was talking about. "Uh-huh, right, just be careful, jinx."