Chapter 16 - Tanjirou's Desire

WARNING: INTENSE KISSY-KISSY SCENES AHEAD

Tanjirou's POV

I don't think anyone was able to sleep, I stayed up with Muichiro, just chatting lightly. Genya read his bible and prayed in hushed whispers, Zenitsu and Inosuke played Uno and Rui tried to go to sleep but he kept rolling around in his bed. He obviously was having trouble and couldn't lay still.

By the time the sun rose and we were called for breakfast everyone looked like zombies. But Shinazugawa and Shinobu were still locked in the hull and Giyuu didn't seem like he was letting them out anytime soon. So class got canceled again, and I heard Giyuu and Sabito talking about what they'd do when we got to the Solomon Islands. I've never been, but from there we could call... I don't know, someone. Maybe the embassy will help us get back as soon as possible. Obviously the trip was canceled but until we got there we could still try to enjoy some time together... with the rotting corpses in the hull.

But Muichiro was doing better, and with Shinobu locked in the hull I didn't have to worry about Muichiro getting his medications. But all we could talk about was the Regenerativam aqua infernum vermis, but we'd shortened it to RAIV. Muichiro had taken a few blood samples from Rengoku's axe to study in Shinobu's lab. He said that the blood had some really weird mutations, and that he even ran a blood screen and it came back as a mouse. He ran it again but it just came back with the same results.

He took a closer look at the tooth and found spores of sorts, he said that he didn't almost die of an infection. Whatever came out of those spores was what caused his symptoms. He never had an infection; he was poisoned. And Shinobu had covered it up.

I wanted to like her, because she seemed nice enough. But she just kept giving me reasons to hate her.

I heard Obanai went down with Mitsuri to deliver food to them, the other guys heard too and they teased him about it. And now that I thought about it they were spending a lot of time together, and you know, they'd make a pretty good couple now that I thought about it. Soft x Emo, I think it's cute. Even if whenever I mention it to Obanai he elbows me in the ribs or the back, really wherever he can reach.

We were heading for the Solomon Islands, but as I was walking the halls I heard Sabito and Giyuu talking behind a corner.

"I don't know what's wrong, I checked the coordinates a million times, we should be right on their shores by now" Sabito whispered, "If we're not there in the next hour or so then I have no idea where we are and we're lost"

"We're not lost, we'll get there soon, I know it. I don't doubt your map reading but the dashboard fritzed out once it might do it again and it might be doing it now" Giyuu whispered in a reassuring voce.

"Yeah but this is serious, if we really are lost then that causes more than one problem, not to forget all the bodies in the hull. They're going to keep rotting and soon we won't be able to contain the smell, people will start to get sick from it. Remember when we were the only ones left on that island for like two weeks, and the entire beach smelled like dead bodies from the others and it was horrible and we couldn't leave the beach because of the SOS sign and we got sick from it? Don't you remember that?" Sabito said.

"Of course I remember that, but it has hardly been a week. We'll get there in time and we can deal with their bodies and clean the room out and then we're leaving" Giyuu said, "The company will have no choice but to give us our money and when they do we can get the hell out of here and go to all the places you want to go to" He whispered gently.

I peaked over to look at them, 'Friends don't stand that close' I thought to myself with a raised brow. But then they got even closer, Giyuu placed a gentle hand on Sabito's waist and another on his cheek. Giyuu pulled him close and kissed him gently on the lips. I decided that was enough eavesdropping and continued walking away from them.