Chapter 4: Our relationship?

"We're gonna be late!" Arisa exclaimed as she buttoned up her top.

"Well, we did get to bed a little late last night," I said as I put on my pants. Both of our clothes were pretty badly crumpled, as we didn't have time to iron them or anything. "Are you sure no one will notice our clothes?"

"Yeah, they look fine to me!" Arisa replied. "Hmmm hold on..." She grabbed a bottle of perfume and sprayed it on various parts of my body.

"Oh god..." I muttered as I frowned. "I hate perfume.."

"Hm? Why? You smell delightful~" Arisa said as she put the bottle away and grabbed her bag. "Come on, let's hurry!"

As we were about to head out the door, Arisa's grandma stopped us. "You two, hold on a second. Going to school with an empty stomach isn't a good idea." She put half a boiled egg in each of our mouths and gave us a glass of water to wash it down.

"Thanks grandma..." Arisa said as gave her a hug.

"Thank you grandma, for allowing me to stay over. I am truly grateful for it," I said as I bowed.

"No problem at all. Feel free to come around, young man!" She replied as she waved. "Have a good day at school now!"

The two of us ran off to school while waving back, and hoped that we wouldn't be late. "Oh god, I'm gonna get kicked out of the student council if I'm late!"

"It's fine, we still have about 10 minutes left!" I yelled as I continued running. As we continued running like there was no tomorrow, we saw our school right before us. We stopped in front of the school gates to catch our breath. "We...we made it..." I said in between pants.

"Yeah...god...I'm so tired..." Arisa let out as she panted heavily. We then entered, and placed our shoes inside the lockers. "Well, I'm gonna head to class now. See you at lunch, maybe?"

"Yeah see you!" I said as I bid her goodbye for now. "Time to head to class." I lazily walked over to class, and when I arrived, I saw a bunch of students crowding around my classroom. I walked over to see what was going on, and I couldn't see much, but I saw a boy standing in front of the famous child actor, Shirasagi Chisato. It didn't take a genius to figure out what was going on, and I pitied the boy, as Chisato was famous for turning a lot of confessions down. As expected, the boy was turned down, and the commotion soon ended. Everyone returned to their respective classes while the boy who confessed got cheered up by his friends.

I took my seat and put my bag down. "That sure was chaotic.."

"I know right, I couldn't focus on my reading..." A voice said behind me. I turned around to see Rinko, looking down at me.

"O-oh hey Rinko..." I greeted. I began sweating like crazy, as I still had to tell her about what had happened last night,

"Did you sleep well last night, (Y/N)?" Rinko asked as she grabbed a chair and sat down next to me.

"Y-yeah I did...and you?" I asked nervously.

"Good, good...Hmm..." Rinko reached out and straightened up my necktie. "Your clothes seem a bit crumpled, did you not have any fresh clothes to wear?"

"Y-yeah! That's right...that's why my clothes are crumpled.." I replied. It was a lame excuse, but I was not ready to ask her about it yet.

"Oh is that so...?" Rinko asked. She then put her finger on her lips and thought for a moment. "Hmm, how about I come over to your house to do some of the chores?"

For a moment, I suspected my ears. Did she really just say that? I stared at her for a moment, dumbfounded. When I regained my composure, she seemed like she wanted to hear an answer. "Sure, you can come over," I answered without second thoughts.