Chapter 8

"-About your dad." Tom spoke and my jaw probably hit the floor. Took one look at Ava and she had a guilty look on her face. She knew better than to talk about my past. She knows I hate talking, thinking or people finding about it and feeling sorry but she had to open her big mouth, didn't she? I just did a huge U turn and left without saying a word. I heard Tom and Nath calling my name but I couldn't be bothered honestly, right now I didn't wanted to talk to anyone. I felt weak, betrayed and angry. I felt so angry I thought something was gonna crack inside me. So I did the only thing I do when I'm really angry. Went to the gym. Not any gym, every time I'm angry I beat the crap out of people in wrestling matches (WWE kinda of matches), this was one of my many things I've kept hidden. 

2 hours later I managed to calm down a bit but in the process got a black eye; still don't feel like talking to anyone so I took my phone and purse and went back home. Thank God mum was away for the weekend, she was somewhere up North England visiting an old friend or so. I was exhausted so I went straight to bed. Woke up Sunday afternoon around 3.  

"-I need tea." I groaned and dragged myself to the bathroom first. Half an hour later I was sitting in the kitchen with a cup of tea in front of me wondering if I still should meet up with Nath today, after all he knew about my past from me and I can't be a bitch to him, only to Ava and later I will talk to the lads but I'm just not ready yet. 

Checked my phone and had loads of texts and calls from everyone, to my surprise the only one who wasn't texting or calling me like crazy was Tom he just texted once: 

"Hiya Jods give me a call when you feel like talking and I'm here for you love, whatever it is. Love you.xxx" 

Isn't he supposed to be the immature one? Well guess not. I decided to text Nath first: 

"If you are still up for it come pick me up in about one hour. Make sure they don't follow you." 

"Ok. The lads are worried about you, including One Direction boys too." 

"Well sucks to be worried but I really don't feel like facing or talking to them today." 

"Got it. See you soon. Love you." 

"Me too my sloth boy :P ." 

One hour later the doorbell rang. 

"-Someone looks like they just woke up." Nath said while hugging me. 

"-Kinda true, woke up a few minutes before I texted you." 

"-What the hell happened to your eye?" Nath asked shocked. 

"-Ummm, long story short got it last night while I was dealing with my anger." 

"-How? When?" 

"-This is a story for another day. No worries I've had way worse." 

"-You are something." 

"-That I am Mr. Sykes. Ready for some pure torture?" I asked he looked frightened. 

"-Don't worry I'm joking." he relaxed 

"-Or am I not?" I asked in a really creepy way. 

"-You definitely spent too much time around us." he said shaking his head. 

15 minutes later we arrived in front of my dance studio. I co-owned it but I had a few friends using it since I was too busy with work and other stuff. I started taking tango lessons when I was 15, behind my mum's back of course. Most of the things I'm good at are done behind everyone's back. Why? Because I felt better knowing that no one has to tell me I'm good just because they are family or friends and then it turned into a habit, the habit of hiding things. We stepped out of the car only for me to notice Liam and Niall leaving the studio. Bloody hell forgot that Maryse is their choreographer for the tour, I was too busy thinking about something else when she bragged about it. Don't get me wrong I love her to death but she has this way of getting me irritated very fast so most of the time I tone her out. 

Niall got into the car but Liam dropped something and by the time he picked up his keys, it was too late to hide plus Nath was too busy telling me how he was planning on pranking Max tonight. Too make it worse or not Nath was holding my hand. 

"-Oh hey Liam, fancy seeing you here." Nath said stopping from telling me his plan. 

"-Hi. I could say the same." he said faking a smile. 

"-Well this isn't awkward at all." I muttered under my breath loud enough for Nath to hear. He chuckled then asked Liam: 

"-How's the tour coming along." 

"-Really good, thanks. You alright Jodi?" he asked finally making eye contact with me. 

"-Never been better." I said sarcastically. 

"-I think hanging out with me is rubbing off on you." Nath joked. 

"-Well I wish you fun on your date and see you around." Liam said and took off. Nathan burst laughing while I looked at him puzzled. Then finally I realized what just happened and joined Nath. 

2 hours later Nath was barely breathing. 

"-Told you this isn't going to be easy." 

"-Yeah, yeah." he managed to muster. 

I got home around 8 that evening and I was making some dinner when my phone ranged, text from Nath. Figures. 

"You know the state I was in when I left the studio, right? Ummm, the boys think I'm like that because we had sex, hardcore sex. What did we got ourselves into?"

I burst laughing, yes this kid is really awkward. 

"It's alright Nath, let them believe whatever they want as long as you say I'm the best you ever had. :))) Have a good night and loads of wet dreams, preferably with me. :))) lol." 

"Aren't you funny. How come that you are so cool about it? I mean I get that I'm hot and you loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee me but still." 

"So full of yourself, I know the truth, you know the truth. It's enough for me." 

"Ok, night love."