Flight 11: The Final Test

Date: 12.20.21

"Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the Korean Air News channel! I'm your host Darold and what we have today is shocking news that Cadet Jang Y/N has crashed into the Sea of Japan just a while ago."

"However, the flight academy has fortunately decided to give him another chance which was ordered by the Military Court Martial after confirming that his plane's engines and radio had been tampered with."

"So today is the day where he gets his final chance to pass the exam and I wish the best of luck for him!"

------------------------------

Y/N's POV

All of my family members were all aboard the Enterprise, the sailors already have a small bleacher set onboard the flight deck where my Corsair is being lifted to by crane.

I won't lie that I'm extremely nervous right now but my sister and my girlfriend assured me that I'll do great today. Geez, I could never get by in life without those two.

Once everyone that is supposed to be on the Enterprise has boarded, the sailors begin to untie the giant ropes and start up the carrier's engines.

Several minutes later, the carrier is now finally set sailing through the harbor where all the sailors and marines on board wearing dress uniforms all stand at the edges of the ship in parade rest.

A few hours later, the ship is now in the Sea of Japan where we are rendezvous at the test site.

When we got the word from the Admiral that we finally reached the examination area, Seungyeon kissed my cheek.

"Be safe out there, okay?" She kindly asked me and I nodded.

"Will do, I'll be back before you know it." I replied to her with a wink which made her blush.

"Cadet Jang Y/N, you're being called up to the flight deck!" One of the sailors informs me.

"Copy that." I replied to him and I got up.

"Will all be watching you." Wonyoung said to me while smiling and I nodded before we all left the briefing room.

Everyone got onto the flight deck using the stairs but I had to take the elevator where my Corsair is finished undergoing a safety inspection.

After the engineers checked it out, I got the green light to get inside the cockpit, I did so and put on my helmet. The crew team hooked me up with the catapult.

I started up the engine which soon made a loud roaring sound. It makes me imagine what it was like launching from a carrier flying this old warbird.

I ran another safety check by putting the engine on full throttle to make sure it doesn't explode on me or overheats too quickly, next is the wing flaps which are in working order along with the pressure and other schematics.

Once that was done, I signaled the shooter that I'm ready to launch and he nodded to me. The shooter gets in position and I brace myself for the adrenaline.

Seconds later, the shooter signals the control men to activate the catapult and immediately the catapult instantly takes me to a high enough speed when I get off the short runway.

I pulled the lever to make sure I didn't hit the water and once I was off, the test began. The first obstacle was the maneuver through the inflatable floating pillars that were set up in various spots which limited my spacing.

Despite that, I flew past them with ease since I did a lot of this exercise during my sophomore year.

After the first phase of the exam, I encountered drone piloted jets which are meant to simulate enemy planes or what we call "boogies". The drones spotted me and they immediately began their attack.