Daddy's Little Girl || 04

___

___

wherein jimin is aera's father.

___

"stay still, baby." jimin sighs, buckling his daughter's shoe while she's sitting on the couch, kicking her legs and swaying side to side as she sings along the rhymes playing in his phone. he exhales deeply, standing up once he's done and is sure that they're ready to leave the house.

he leans down, taking his phone and turns off the video of the farmer dancing and singing with his puppy, making aera whine as she jumps on her feet, extending her hands up for him to give her the phone back. "later, sweetheart. we have to go now. you wanted to go the party right?" he says, holding her hand and walks outside.

"but- but we can listen to bingo!" the girl pouts

"yes we can, but daddy's phone's gonna die if you play more rhymes. you didn't let me charge it earlier." he sighs, buckling her in the booster seat, sighing when he notices her tinted lips puckered into a pout and eyes staring at him intently. "we'll listen to more rhymes when we come back okay?"

"muffin man?"

"yes, whatever you like." he chuckles, patting her cheek gently and leans in, "now can daddy get a kiss real quick?"

aera giggles, cupping his face between her tiny hands and pecks his lips softly, breaking into a playful laugh soon after, which makes jimin chuckle as well. he pulls back, jogging to the driver's seat and hops in, igniting the engine to drive off to the venue where his manager's daughter's wedding ceremony will take place today.

he had got the first invite of the big day when manager lee had put forth his leave application saying he wants to be the one to do all the preparations and make his daughter's wedding day the best out there. the reason managed to make jimin smile and warmed his heart, also it was the first time the manager had asked for a leave due to personal matters. so he found himself agreeing and granted the leave, earning the first invitation card printed for him, in a soft pastel pink paper with designed borders, having the words imprinted in pretty, golden letters that also attracted his four-year-old daughter.

his eyes wander from the windshield to the mirror reflecting aera's quiet self, looking out of the window at the buildings and shops passing by. a soft smile tugs his lips upwards and he shakes his head, focusing back on the street as it soon comes about the time he pulls over.

jimin steps out of the car, straightening his suit and checks his hair once in the mirror before going to get his daughter out. he crouches down in front of her, fixing her dress and says, "be a good girl yeah? there'll be a lot of people."

"riri is good girl." aera smiles confidently, making him laugh and nod his head.

"of course, let's go now." he says, holding her hand, heading towards the entrance of the church which is decorated nicely with flowers and a carpet running all the way inside.