7 - Dead

Natasha opened her eyes, blinking at the sudden bright light before adjusting and looking around the room.

She saw the other avengers in the beds beside her beginning to wake up as well.

She sat up and noticed Maria sitting in a chair at the corner of the room.

"What happened?" She asked, although the sinking feeling in her got told her that she knew exactly what had happened.

Maria hill stood up and walked over to Natasha "Absantine escaped, she used her abilities to break the cell and knock you all unconscious before killing Barnes".

"What?" The two women turned to see Steve sitting up and staring at them wide eyed.

"Buck - ..... Buckys dead?" He managed to stutter out, he recieved no verbal replie but the Solemn look on the Agents face told him all he needed to know.

-
-
-
-
-
-

An hour later, Earths mightiest heroes were gathered in a meeting room watching the security footage of the escape.

(Bold: video
Normal: Talking)

[Abby places her hands on the floor]
Clint: what are you doing?
Abby begins to scream
The black substance covers the cage and the walls smash
The avengers are thrown backwards.

Abby stands up and walks past the bodies until she reaches Nat

Abby: I don't want to hurt you Tasha, I never did

She takes nats gun and shots bucky

She walks out.

The clip ended and nobody spoke for a moment.

"Well" began clint "at least we know she doesn't want to hurt any of us"

Natasha shook her head "No, she has no problem killing any of you, but she won't kill me, hurt me maybe but not kill me. She thinks of me as evil, just like she does the rest of you but she won't kill me, I'm her sister".

Fury narrowed his eyes "that fact, agent Romanoff, you failed to mention" Natasha simply shrugged "do you have any ideas where she would go?" He asked

The assassin stayed silent, she could sense all eyes on her but kept her gaze on the floor.

The director sighed "if you do, just know barnes justice is counting on it" with that final comment, he turned and left the room.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

The Next morning at five am Natasha romanoff awoke and made her way to the shield hanger only to be meet by the one person she had dreaded meeting.

"Agent Romanoff" he greeted her in his usual bland tone "Director fury" she nodded in return as she approached him.

"May I ask where you are going?" She dropped her gaze to her hands "Russia" came her answer after an awkward minute of silence.

"Very well" she looked up, surprised by his positive response but quickly hid it taking on her usual calm composure.

"But" Nat sighed, of course it was too good to be true, theres always a but.

"You have to wear a body cam when in romanovs presence".

Natasha mulled it over in her mind for a moment, it wasn't ideal, secrets, things from her past she had buried deep down long ago.

Her sister was her life, all she had left for twelve years and it hurt to know that Absantine would be unlikely to ever forgive her, truly forgive her.

"Okay" she agreed as Fury handed her a small device that she clipped to her vest, yelenas vest.

Fury stepped out of the way of the quin jets door and she climbed inside and set of to find her little sister.