15 - Alone

Absantine burst through the doors and began to expertly weave her way through the battle that was raging between the Avengers and Hydra.

The Avengers clearly had the upper hand and Hydra's defences had taken quite a hit and were significantly shrinking by the second.

Natasha bolted after her never once losing sight of her until Absantine came to sudden stop.

Tony Stark had abruptly landed in front of her determined not to let her go again.

"Stand down Belatrix" he demanded, she let out a yell of rage and used her powers to pull an unconscious agent into the air and hurled him at the genius.

"She did get help" whispered Thor to his brother who simply rolled his eyes in response.

Iron man quickly regained his composure and held his hand out in front of him, repulser ready.

He was joined on one side by two Norse gods both with their chosen weapons ready and on the other by an archer and an extremely pissed super solider.

Natasha joined her teams side and held her pistol out in front of her and clicked the safety off.

"Give up Absantine" she said, her voice was cold but pain could be detected underneath her cool demeanor.

Absantine scanned the group in front of her with defeated eyes.

They stood pointing their weapons at her determination eteched on all of their faces, especially Steve's.

Natasha stood in the middle her pistol raised pointed straight down the barrel of her sisters gun, only a meter between them.

Suddenly Absantine lowered her gun and stared a Natasha, her mask dropped and her face flooded with emotions but pain triumphed over all the others.

"Do it" she whispered, her sister watched her in disbelief "what?" Asked Natasha quietly "do it" demanded Absantine, louder this time, her breathing quickened and she wore an expression of distress.

"Do it Tasha, kill me" her tone was not taunting, it was sincere "Abby...." the avengers voice cracked when she spoke "DO IT" Natasha jumped slightly and took a step backwards in fright.

"DO IT" Natasha stared at the woman in front of her, one thought running through her head, this was her, she did this to her sister, she broke her.

"No"

Absantine raised her arms slowly, giving the impression that she was about to surrender.

Instead of giving up she quickly masked the team in a smoke like substance causing then to cough and splutter, and distracting them from the fugitive.

She turned and ran.

When the smile cleared she was gone.

"We have to go after her, we have to -" began Steve but Natasha cut him off "we can't find her if she doesn't want to be found" she said simply.

And that was that.

Absantine was gone.

Bucky was dead.

And

Natasha was alone, in her own eyes,

Natasha was once again a Romanova.

So, I started my exams and I'm pretty sure I failed maths, yay.

Like I said before this book is almost done I only plan to have two or three more chapters and maybe a sequel? Idk it depends how it ends I'm making this shit up as I go along.

- Madeline