Chapter 3 The Hostage Deal From Hell

Bella's hands where trembling as she looked around the dark,gloomy carriage at the other men. The head man was sitting next to her. He pulled up the cuff of his sleeve and revealed a gash. It was pretty recent too. Bella stared at his arm in fascination. The man cocked his head towards Bella and smiled. 

"You want to know what happened?" 

The man asked Bella. 

He removed the cloth from Bella's mouth so she could talk. 

"I was on a chase for this horse called Black Bess. I found her but she got away and kicked my arm. She's a multi million prized horse that I want. She's beautiful." The man explained. 

"Who are you?" Bella asked him 

"I'm Dick Turpin. And you?"  

"Bella. Well actually it Elizabeth, Bella was given to me by my father because my mothers name was Elizabeth and he couldn't stand his daughter having the name of his deceased wife." Bella said. 

"Oh. May I call you Liz?" Dick asked 

Bella looked confused. 

"Why are you suddenly all nice to me?" Bella asked 

"Well I don't actually want to kill you. I'm not the kind of man who captures people." Dick explained 

"It was for the money. We need your dad to pay up for your release." Another man said. 

Bella giggled. 

"W-Why are you laughing??" Dick asked. 

"We'll it's just that my dad and I are broke. He hasn't gotten payed in months! We have no money." Bella said. 

"What!? STOP THE CARRIAGE!" Dick yelled. 

Dick stood up and grabbed Bella by the arm. He took Bella outside and pushed her against the outside of the horse carriage. His arm pressed firmly over Bella's neck and his body firmly up against hers. Her pulse was thumping violently against Dicks arm as the sweat dripped down her face. 

"You better not be lying to me Elizabeth! If you are lying about this or tell anyone about this we will find you! No matter what!" Dick screeched. 

"Okay okay I swear!" Bella said nervously. 

Dick tossed Bella on the gravel road and cut the rope (bounding her hands together) free, Dick jumped gracefully back into the carriage and drove off. 

Bella looked as Dick and the horse carriage started to vanish from view. She quickly got up and ran the opposite way home to safety.