28

☻ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ☻

"I see you've mastered Perpetual Concentration breathing. Very impressive!" Rengoku just popped out of nowhere. Tanjiro stared at him and blinked twice.

"Rengoku..." Tanjiro mumbled.

"It is the first step toward becoming a Hashira, after all. But that's just the first of thousands yet to come!" Rengoku explained and looked down at you two. Tanjiro just sweated a lot.

"I'll do my best." He whispered.

"You're bleeding from the gut. Concentrate harder and take control of your breathing. Picture your nerves reaching every part of your body. Can you see the blood vessels? The one which is torn." Rengoku stated and Tanjiro breathed heavily.

"Concentrate harder!" Rengoku told him and he did as he said. You grabbed his hand and squished it lightly. Rengoku then told him to stop the bleeding and Tanjiro tried his best.

Rengoku held his finger to Tanjiro's forehead and told him to focus. Tanjiro closed his eyes and just focused on stopping the bleeding.

Tanjiro succeeded and Rengoku plus you were proud of him. He told him that everyone is save and that he can rest without worrying about the others.

"Thank you." Tanjiro spoke and smiled.

"Also, congratulations! Please take care of her, Tanjiro." Rengoku spoke and your cheeks heated up.

"Of course." Tanjiro said then looked at you and smiled. You smiled back at him.

Suddenly, you three heard a loud noise... Rengoku and you turned around and saw a demon. He was just sitting there from afar and watched you all. Tanjiro now also saw the demon and his eyes widened.

You and Rengoku were in a fighting position and the Demon was about to attack Tanjiro but you were in front of him. You draw your sword out, but you couldn't attack as fast a Rengoku. He already sliced the demon's arm. The demon and Rengoku chatted a little and Tanjiro tried to stand up, but you told him to lie down back.

Rengoku and the demon named Akaza then started were about to fight.

"Y/n, don't fight with him. Just make sure that Tanjiro is save." He told you but you didn't want to. You knew the demon was strong and you wanted to help the person that always protected you and took care of you. He's like a big brother to you.

"I can't do that! I will help yo-"

"Do as I say! I'll be fine." Rengoku almost yelled and then the demon started to attack. Tanjiro couldn't even see what was going on... everything went so fast. You could just see a bit, but that wasn't enough. You wouldn't be able to fight with that demon.

Inosuke then also arrived and stood next to Tanjiro. You three were about to move but then Rengoku yelled.

"DON'T MOVE! IF THAT WOUND REOPENS, IT'LL BE FATAL! STAND BACK! THAT'S AN ORDER!"

You all jumped in shock and then Rengoku got pushed to a wall.

"RENGOKU!" Tanjiro yelled and you held your hands to your mouth. You were just shocked. You wanted to go and help, but you knew you would die.... but if that would save Rengoku you would do it... You can't join in the fight because there's no opening.
If you'd join the fight or any of you, you'd just be in the way.

All of sudden, everything stopped.

"Did he do it? Did he win!?" Inosuke yelled.

Rengoku and Akaza were just standing there. You saw Rengoku shaking and you also started to shake in fear... All you could do is watch and pray.