29

☻ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ☻

Tanjiro was about to move again. He wanted to help as much as you wanted but he couldn't move because of the pain and you were scared that you might get in the way. The same fear had Inosuke too.

Rengoku now used his full strength, full power, and full fighting spirit. They ran towards each other and you heard a loud bang.

"RENGOKU!!" You and Tanjiro yelled.

After a few minutes till the smoke was gone you could see Rengoku and the demon.... Your eyes widened... Akaza's arm was in Rengoku's gut.

"Ren... goku.." You fell back and couldn't belive your eyes.

But then.... You stood up drew your sword out and ran towards them. You didn't care what Rengoku says you didn't care if you'd die. You just wanted to save your... brother.

Tanjiro was following behind you and the sun was coming out. The demon tried to get away, but Rengoku held him.

"MOVE INOSUKE! WE HAVE TO FIGHT FOR RENGOKU!" Tanjiro yelled while running.

Inosuke then also ran but he was faster than Tanjiro since he was injured.

The demon then got away just when you three were about to attack. The demon ran into the woods and you followed. Tanjiro used his sun breathing and threw his sword into Akaza's back.

"DON'T RUN AWAY! YOU WON'T GET AWAY! YOU WILL DIE, YOU WILL DIE, YOU WILL DIE!!" You yelled while running.

The demon was faster than you thought. You lost him... You didn't know where he went anymore. So, you promised... that you'll kill this demon. One day for sure.

You got back and saw Tanjiro yelling how strong Rengoku is and that he didn't lose... He then started to cry loudly. You couldn't handle it anymore... You got on your knees and held your hands to your chest. You also started to cry.

"Why is this happening..... I'm losing everyone. If I was in the fight then I would die not him.... not him!" You cried... You didn't know what to do you just cried.

"Stop crying... If you'd die. I wouldn't have my victory. Come here, Y/n, little Kamado." Rengoku spoke and you both went to him. Tanjiro told him to not speak anymore or else he'd bleed more, but he didn't listen.

"Y/n." He called and you were still crying.

"Y-yes..?"

"Please tell my little brother Senjuro to always follow his heart, and walk down the path he feels right. Tell my father... that I want him to take care of himself better. Please tell them that." Rengoku spoke to you and you nodded and you were still crying. Tanjiro was looking down worrying about the bleeding of Rengoku.

"One last thing, little Kamado. I belive in your sister. I accept her as part of our ranks. Your sister shed blood tp protect the people inside the train. Anyone who risks their lives fighting demons to protect humans is a rightful member of the Slayers, no matter what anyone says. Stand tall and be proud! Don't feel bad that I'm going to die here. As a Hashira, it's my duty to protect my juniors. Any Hashira would've done the same.... Young Kamado, please take care of Y/n." He spoke while you and Tanjiro were still crying. You couldn't stop.

"Young Kamado. Boar head boy. Boy of yellow. Little sister. Keep learning and keep growing. And someday, become the next Hashira supporting the Demon Slayers. I belive in you. I belive im all of you." He said and you got on all fours then started to cry and breathe heavily again.

"Kyojuro..." You mumbled holding your chest again. It pained because you were breathing heavily.

In the end Zenitsu also arrived with Nezuko in the box. He also started to cry when Tanjiro explained everything. Tanjiro was sobbing loudly and you also sobbed loudly. You were lying on the ground. You didn't wanted to get up. You wanted to stay with Rengoku here forever.

"QUIT WHINING ALREADY! THERE'S NO POINT IN SITTING AROUND, WONDERING ABOUT MAYBE'S! HE ALREADY SAID HE BELIEVED IN US, SO DONT WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN LIVING UP TO THAT! ALL LIVING THINGS GO BACK TO EARTH WHEN THEY DIE! SOBBING OR SNIVELING WON'T BRING THEM BACK! DON'T CRY EVEN IF YOU'RE DOWN! NO MATTER HOW PATHETIC OR HUMILIATED YOU FEEL, YOU HAVE TO KEEP MOVING FORWARD!" Inosuke explained while crying through his mask.

"But you're crying, too.. I can see the tears flooding down to that headpiece." Zenitsu stated. Then Inosuke gave Zenitsu a headbutt.

"IM NOT CRYING!"

Then Inosuke started to punch your head lightly and you all were just crying. He grabbed Tanjiro's collar and told him to go back training.

You all stayed there for a while and cried it all out. It's been a while since you cried so much.

Inosuke is right...you have to keep going even if someone dies... You'll listen to what Rengoku said. He'll always be your brother even if he's gone. 

° ° °

Should I do a second book for season 2 or stay at this one?