eight

the world is filled with different kinds of people, the most prominent and despicable of them all will probably be those materialistic people whose greed for luxurious items and money cannot be satiated.

truth be told, there is nothing wrong with indulging one's self in luxurious items, especially if it's well-deserved. the fault is when one indulges themselves too much in it without realizing that it's a want and not a need.

luxury items, it's pretty self-explanatory. from the name itself, one can tell that luxury items are only for those who have enough money to spare for said items, if not, those who have the luxury and privilege to have them. it's a hard pill to swallow but yes, this is the sad reality– the different social classes and hierarchy that is yet to be debunked, which almost seem impossible since poverty is rampant.

namsoo lee, a student from j high's fashion department, have discovered the beauty and power of luxury items. not only does it boost his social standing, but it also helps in preventing him from being at the end of the food chain in school.

armed with a pair of air jordan six that's roughly worth five-hundred thousand won, a two-hundred and fifty thousand won gentle monster glasses his mom bought for him, and a second-hand chrome hearts ring which costs nine-hundred and fifty thousand won, he was finally set for school.

upon arriving to school, he met some 'basic' students who weren't wearing any gear that made them all the more geeky in his perspective. in namsoo's point of view, they're nothing but amateurs.

"what the hell? you're wearing the same kicks again."

but in the fashion department, he is the amateur. their department is seemingly filled with students who bask in luxury items. first, there's zack lee, armed with high quality gear. he's got a nine out of ten for appearance, a perfect score in his height, brain– let's not talk about that, two more nine out of tens for his skill and fighting respectively, and a perfect score in athletics.

"we look like a couple. it's annoying."

"sorry."

"ah, whatever! it's not my business anyway."

wait what? is zack lee sick? he's not nagging him about his gear anymore? furthermore, he's stopping doo and company from bullying poor jiho. what must be the reason? his date with mira would be a start, but no one really knows for sure.

'could it be my chrome hearts?! did he see it?' namsoo thought to himself. he can only proudly sigh to himself as he acknowledged how incredible the power of his ring holds.

as he looked around the entirety of the classroom, looking boastful, his attention zeroed in on a pair of students. i'll let you guess who they are. here are the hints, one was gazing out the window and the other was reading a book peacefully.

mhm, jay hong and hera kang.

the blond's right hand was basically covered with chrome hearts, there were at least six of them. on top of that, his bag and bracelet were of hermes, the watch he's wearing is one from hublot, and to finish his outfit, he's wearing some louboutin kicks! everything about him screams expensive.

the female on the other hand has two chrome hearts rings, noticeably having thinner bands that the blond's. if namsoo squinted enough, he would have noticed that there were only one ring on both jay and hera's right hands' ring fingers and were of the same design; like a couple ring of some sort. a cartier bracelet and watch hung loosely on her left wrist, her bag was of louis vuitton and she was wearing a pair of gucci sneakers.

they didn't even have to say anything to stand out and have people know just how rich they are, their gears speak for themselves. namsoo can only gaze at them, they truly look like a power couple. they were perfect. they've got the looks, the heights, the luxury items, the intelligence, how lucky can they be? he can almost taste the bitterness of their differences in every aspect.