nine

class has ended, thank god it ended before the students' lives did. aside from the commotion about daniel being dirt poor, everything was how it always was, a boring class after a boring class.

while everyone was busy fixing their bags and planning their after school activities, hera's mind was on something she didn't once dream about doing for someone. she was too deep in thought that she failed to notice jay's scrutinizing gaze.

"see ya, hera! you too, jay!"

the sudden exclamation pulled the female back to reality, she turned her head to look at daniel who gave them a bright smile. she was confused, but she also wasn't complaining. this could be a breakthrough for them. he seems like a genuine person, she'd like it if they were friends.

'friends...'

that's right! she's probably only interested in him because she wanted to be friends with him! there's no other reason for her to be that interested had she not wanted to be friends. ah, why didn't she just think of that before. what a dummy!

she smiled back at daniel, albeit not as big and bright as what he was giving them, it was a smile still. she rose from her seat and fully faced daniel park, who momentarily lost his footing from the unexpected smile she gave him.

"i'll see you tomorrow, daniel."

"oh, it's mom! see ya both tomorrow."

the blond also raised a hand to wave at the boy who bid his goodbye first before he followed the raven haired female out of the classroom but both of them had heard the ceaseless and useless gossips about daniel's social status and how tomorrow was his birthday.

they usually go home together, either jay will drive hera home on his bike or hera will drive jay home in her car, the in between being the female getting picked up by her bodyguard. today however, she disappeared from his sight without so much as goodbye or see you tomorrow.

jay looked left and right for her, only to end up clueless about her whereabouts. oh he's salty alright, she just left him to eat dust, she doesn't do that. he tried to rationalize with himself, claiming that an emergency must've came up but no matter how much he tries to convince himself, he's still annoyed.

well, jay decided to give her the cold shoulder all day tomorrow. although he doubt he'll last longer than five minutes against her. she wasn't someone he can easily ignore even if he wants to, there's no way he can.

-

true to his word. jay only lasted a mere three minutes before he finally broke down and greeted her with the usual ruffling of her hair. there was no way in hell he could resist her, not when she's looking at him with those doe eyes and that natural pout, he can't.

the day passed them by, like how it usually did. there were still gossips that filled the entirety of the classroom, and it's becoming more bothersome than it originally was. what do they care if daniel was indeed that? man, these people should get a life. the dark haired female thought to herself.

before she realized it, she had slept through the entire school hours, classic hera. had jay not woken her up, she would have slept longer than what was allowed.

as they were walking out, the students' eyes were on them. they look like everything a couple should look like and it was like they were made for each other. the bystanders watched them talk, too enveloped in their own world to even notice anyone else, and they wondered when they'd have that kind of relationship.

"raiden will be picking me up, i'll see you later?"

"..."

she smiled at him, which ultimately became the cause why he was suddenly filled with warmth. she was warm. he liked that about her, because it's not a mess of ceaseless fluttering of butterflies in his stomach. with her, everything is as calm as it can be. he needed that kind of placidity in his, monotonous he'd dare say, life.