𝟎𝟎𝟖

YURI COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. SHE just couldn't. All this time, she had been nothing but a bet to Seojun and his friends. A game that would help him to regain his status again.

Yuri felt pathetic. She should've realized it sooner.

Why else would Saebom Highs most popular guy have a sudden interest in the school's loner? It couldn't have been because he was genuinely interested in her. He just wanted to use her for his own benefit and like an idiot, Yuri fell for his schemes.

Mostly everyone had known this. All her classmates even some of her new friends had known all this time of Seojuns little bet, but they'd never thought to warn Yuri of it. The only people who had been just as clueless as Yuri had been Eunji, Suho and the school's Golden Girls: Sua, Soojin and Jugyeong.

Of course after the promposal incident, Yuri didn't show up to school for atleast a week. She just couldn't find it in herself to face them after all the humiliation she faced.

Seojun tried reaching out to Yuri, more than once. He even showed up to her house and workplace a couple times when she wouldnt answer his calls, but thankfully each time, Yuri had someone there that prevented Seojun from seeing her and entering the premises again.

It had been two weeks before Yuri finally decided to go back to school and work again. Mostly it was because she was sick of being at home with nothing but her depressing thoughts. But it was also because of how worried everyone around her had been.

Soojin, Sua and Jugyeong didn't stop visiting her even once while she was in her depressive state. They always dropped off some of Yuris work for the day, along with some comfort food she could eat.

She was appreciative of it ofcourse as she assumed with the bet coming to an end, so would've their friendship. She wasn't used to having friends, especially ones that truly cared about her. But the three girls proved her otherwise.

That's what eventually made Yuri gain confidence again. She knew she didn't need to hide, as long as she had the support of her friends. Besides, if anything, Seojun should've been the one ashamed and embarrassed for the way he treated her, not the other way around.

Soojin, Jugyeong and Sua had made it clear to everyone at school to not mess with Yuri or to bring up what had happened. However, people would still stare and point at Yuri openly, especially around school since everyone had found out what had happened.

But Yuri didn't care anymore, she was content with herself and she knew the full truth which was of how much of an asshole Han Seojun was.

Besides, most days she was too busy at work to even bother caring about school or any drama. It was one of those days where Yuri was at work, taking over a shift for one of her coworkers as she could use the extra money any way and some time distracted away from the constant drama going around her.

Her manager, Kim, had taken an early leave and so left Yuri an extra pair of keys to lock up the store before leaving as she was going to be the last one to leave anyway, given that she was the only one on her current shift.

Yuri was busy restocking some old books and dusting the shelves around that she didn't hear the bell of the door and she didn't realize somebody had even entered the store until she heard a familiar name call out to her.

Yuri look up at the mention of her name and was surprised to her sister Eunji had shown up, "What're you doing here?" she said as she glanced at the bag in her hands, wondering what she could've brought along with her, "What's with the bag?"

Eunji shrugged at her sister's statement, "Some formal wear, I couldn't find a proper one in your wardrobe so I brought mine since we're pretty much the same size."  she said nonchalantly and Yuri was confused on why her sister would bother bringing some formal wear for her.