𝟎𝟎𝟗

BY THE TIME YURI ARRIVED home, she was exhausted and couldn't wait to change into comfier clothes as well as get a good nights rest. Don't get her wrong, prom on its own had been fun and she was happy she went instead of working late at the book shop or staying home and binge watching a new show like she usually did, but all her energy was also drained now, she had done too much socializing for one day and could really use a break.

As Yuri entered her house, she quietly shut the door behind her, despite the fact that her dad was sitting and awake on the rocking chair in the living room before her. "Hey hun, how did it go?" he asked upon noticing her arrival.

Yuri gave him a tired smile, "Good. I actually had alot of fun. I'm glad I listened to Eunji." she muttered as she took off her coat and begin edging up the stairs to her room. However, before she could make it far, her dad stopped her and asked her to come over for a second, not explaining anything else further.

Though Yuri was tired and could not way to go to the comfort of her bed, she went where her dad was at a slightly annoyed expression, "Dad, I'm really tired, I'd rather go-" she said complaining but stopped when she fully walked into the room and saw the person accompanied next to her dad.

"What're you doing here?" Yuri asked upon noticing Seojun. His blazer was in his hands and his hair was a mess. It seemed as though he had been running around just a couple minutes earlier. 

But little did Yuri know that Suho and Jugyeong had overheard of Sungyongs plans on taking Yuri to some hotel after prom and winning the bet, and had warned Seojun of it right before his crowning ceremony who had then done nothing but go searching for Yuri and Sungyong, despite having no information of their whereabouts.

His last resort was going to Yuris house and waiting for her arrival to make sure she was fine. Though he could've been waiting there all night long for her, he didn't care as her safety was mattered to him most at the moment.

Yuris dad noticed the tension in the room and how the two needed some things to discuss, so he decided to give the two some privacy and excused himself, stating he had an early shift the following day and left, not before suggesting the two talk in the backyard as Eunji was currently sleeping and they needed the house to be quiet for that.

As the two entered Yuris backyard, which she now noticed had been decorated with different lights and decorations, Seojun finally broke the silence between them and spoke up since the first time she'd noticed his arrival.

"Are you okay?" he asked scanning Yuri from head to toe to make sure no harm had came to her, "Suho and Jugyeong told me they overheard Sungyongs conversation and how he was planning to-" he explained but paused when he noticed the look Yuri was currently giving.

Embarrassed and slightly nervous under the brunettes stare, he cleared his throat now avoiding eye contact, "I just figured out a little late."

It was silent for a moment. All you could hear was the hustling of the wind and chirping of the crickets. Though Seojun still avoided eye contact with the brunette, she stared at him, trying to figure him out, before speaking up this time, "You know," she began and caught his attention.

"Sexual harassment is a huge issue these days. It's why I tend to carry around certain things for protection purposes," she said as she rummaged through her bag to pull out the very thing she had used just a little while back, her pepper spray in the form of a hair brush to trick the blind eyes, "Like this."

Seojun was shocked by this revelation and couldn't help but gape at the brunettes words, "I sprayed it in his eyes, right before he could do anything." she muttered with a slight smile as she recalled Sungyongs screams as she had nearly blinded him from trying to start something with her as they were in his car, "Hopefully there isn't any permanent damage."

When Seojun didn't say anything again, she spoke up, "So how long have you been here anyway?"

Seojun sighed, "A while."

Yuri tilted her head at this, "You missed your prom and your crowning for me?"

He nodded as he avoided eye contact again. It seemed that he wanted to say something, but just couldn't bring it in himself to say it and so after lots of contemplating, he turned to Yuri with a serious look, "You know, I made the bet before I knew you Yuri. Before I really knew me."

Yuri furrowed her brows, now wanting to question him more about the said bet as he was on the spot, "What was it for anyway? What did you even lose?"

"My best friend." he said as he maintained the intense eye contact with her, "My first actual genuine relationship with anyone. She taught me a lot." he continued, "Before her, I thought I had to have all the answers I needed right now."

Yuri tilted her head, a small smile threatening to play on her lips, "And now?"

Seojun shrugged, "I'm kind of liking the fact that I don't." he smiled before placing his palm right before Yuri, "So, can I have this last dance?"

"No." Yuri shook her head and Seojun seemed disappointed by her answer. However she surprised him by taking his hand, "You can have the first dance." she said as she placed his hand on her hip, while placing both hers around his neck and to two began to slowly dance. Though there wasn't any music playing, they still somehow managed to synch their bodies.

"So, what now?" he asked.

"I don't know. Find out what school I want to go to?" she shrugged as she thought about it for a moment, "Maybe journalism? What about you?"

At the mention of journalism, Seojun smirked, "I've been kind of thinking about going to a journalism school, myself."

However Yuri knew he was messing with her, "Journalism? But you don't like reading or writing."

He nodded now the smirk widening, "Yeah, yeah. But I was thinking more along the lines of opening up a bookshop and restocking the shelves. Which I'll have you know I have improved tremendously on-" he continued and Yuri laughed at his attempts to teasing her. However before he could finish talking she cut him off, by suddenly smashing her lips on his.

Though Seojun was confused by Yuris actions, he quickly followed suit, trailing his hands on her back while hers somehow trailed to the back of his head.

When the two finally pulled away to catch their breaths, Yuri turned to him with a mischievous smile, "Hey, about the bet." she began, "What exactly were the terms?"

( note: any grammar errors or mistakes in this chapter indicate the book has not been edited yet )