First Kiss (Ruvcello)

(I know this is a bit shorter than my usual chapters, but I hope y'all like this silly oneshot)

What was kissing? How did it work? Ruv didn't know. All he knew was that it was "romantic" sometimes and platonic other times, which made no sense but he didn't make the rules. Dating was such a weird thing. Not a bad thing, just weird. He never fully understood it, it was emotionally complex in ways he wasn't familiar with. 

So when he started dating Garcello, he felt a little lost. So, as silly as it was, he tried reading about it online. To see what actions were "romantic". That's where he first found the word "kiss". Apparently it wasn't always romantic, it could be platonic as well, it could apparently also be chocolate. That only confused him more. So he gave up on asking the internet and decided to ask a real person instead. Which is what led him here, talking with his closest friend Sarv. As usual, he started the conversation bluntly. 

"Sarv, what is a kiss?" 

"Wha..?"

"Is… that a bad question?" 

"No! No! Of course not Ruv! I was just surprised. Why do you-" Sarv's face flashed with realization. "Ooooooh. Do you want to kiss Garcello?"

"Maybe. Don't know. What is it?"

"Hmm let me think of the best way to explain it… kissing is a form of affection." 

"Like hugging?" Ruv asked.

"Yeah! Like hugging! But with your face rather than your arms." That description only confused Ruv more, as he usually took things literally. "How do you hug with your face?"

Sarv chuckled. "No no Ruv. That wasn't literal." Sarv put her hand to her chin tentatively. "Give me a second to think of a better way to explain this…" 

Ruv waited patiently for her explanation. "It's when you and another person put your lips together, after that, just do what feels right. Follow your instincts. Does that make sense?" Sarv tilted her head while hoping that her explanation was helpful. "Hmm. K. Think I got it." Ruv replied, Sarv beamed. "Great! Good luck Ruv!" Ruv nodded then left the church, on his way to find Garcello.

Garcello was home, sitting on his front porch and having a smoke. The weather was nice, a bit overcast but not windy or too cold. He always enjoyed days like these. Just as Garcello was finishing his cigarette, Ruv arrived, approaching Garcello. Garcello tossed his cigarette into a nearby ashtray. "Hey Ruv," Garcello greeted his boyfriend with a smile. "What's up?" Ruv remained silent, just staring at Garcello. This made the shorter man feel awkward. "Uh… Ruv? Hun? You good?" 

Suddenly Ruvysvat's hands grabbed both sides of Garcello's face, startling him. Garcello was about to ask Ruv what was going on but realized that their faces were really close. Was he trying to…? No, Ruv wouldn't do that. Maybe there was a bug on his face? 

While Garcello was questioning Ruv's actions. Rub was internally freaking out. How did a kiss work again? Something about faces? Putting them together?? He remembered what Sarv had told him, 'Do what feels right.' Right. Ruv just had to follow his instincts. Follow his instincts. What do they say to do?

*SLAM!*

Suddenly Garcello was thrown into the ground, the force of Ruv's brutal headbut knocking the wind out of him. Garcello stayed on the ground, holding his head and groaning in pain. Ruv's instincts have failed him. Bad instincts! "Ow… Ruv… why?" Garcello grunted. Ruv leaned down, placing his arms under Garcello's and lifting him up. "You ok?" Ruv asked, noticing Garcello's forehead was bleeding slightly. "Yeah, yeah I think so. What was that for?" To Ruv's surprise, Garcello didn't sound angry, just genuinely confused (and a bit hurt). "I was trying to.. 'Kiss' you. I don't think I did it right. Sorry." Garcello chuckled. "It's fine man, really. But for future reference…" Garcello pulled Ruv's head down to his height, then gently put his lips to Ruv's. After a few moments, he pulled away with a smile on his face. "That's how you kiss someone." 

Ruv stared, eyes slightly widened and his cheeks tinted purple. "Thanks."