All Nighter

(This is the follow up to my story I'll Protect You. You don't have to read it to understand anything in here, but I'd still like you to read it XD. This is a fan fic I made taking inspiration from the art. Art is not mine, it belongs to  Kagura8999 on Twitter! With out further ado... the fic!) 

Sucrose shivered. It was cold here on Dragon's Spine, especially since she had left the warmth of Albedo to make tea. She moved as quietly as she could, although she wasn't too worried about waking Albedo. He had pulled an all-nighter last night. She didn't know what he was trying to do, but whatever it was it must have been important to him. As Sucrose waited for the water to boil for the tea; she looked out into the snowy landscape.

It was a beautiful morning with sparkling snowflakes lazily falling to the ground. She looked in wonder at the sparkling bits of snow. Slowly creeping closer and closer to it, until she was nearly out of the cave. 

She didn't see much snow down in Mondstat, so seeing the white powdery stuff was rare.

Her ears twitched at the cold breeze that hit her, and her body shivered.
Just then, something came up from behind and grabbed her. She gasped before looking at whatever was holding her. She was relieved to see it was only Albedo.

"Careful... don't want you catching a cold out here in the snow." He said tiredly.

"Albedo... you scared me." Sucrose said. "Oh? No 'mister' this time?" Albedo asked. "Not since I made the promise to you." Sucrose said, shivering slightly at another gust of cold mountain air.

"How about I warm you up?" Albedo mumbled as he wrapped his arms around Sucrose, pulling her closer, and nuzzling his head on the back of her neck. Sucrose felt herself redden, but she accepted the motion.

She heard footsteps leading up to them. Her ears twitched at the sound. But it was only the traveler. They walked up to them. 

"G-Good morning, traveler! Please excuse Albe- I mean...Mister Albedo's behavior... he's a bit tired this morning." The traveler looked at them suspiciously. "Does he do that every morning?" Paimon blurted to the traveler, but of course Sucrose could here. The little floating companion wasn't the best at whispering. "Mmmm." Was Albedo's only sign of acknowledgement.

Sucrose told Albedo to go lie back down, when Paimon asked. "Paimon had an idea for an invention that would make Paimon infinite sticky honey roast-!" She squealed. Sucrose's ear bent back a little as the floating child spoke. Sucrose found her annoyingly energetic, but also incredibly fascinating. "Ugh. Paimon, no machine like that exists. That's not what we're here for." The traveler said. "Hmph." Piamon groaned and disappeared. Finally Sucrose thought.

"Sucrose, I was wondering if there was a way you could make some sort of alchemic tracker that could help me find my twin." the traveler asked. The loss of their twin deeply saddened them, and Sucrose. Sucrose thought for a moment. "Well, I'm afraid that alchemy can't be used for tracking with out the person having a vision... I'm sorry." Sucrose said. The two talked for a bit longer, before Paimon reappeared and started complaining that she was hungry. The traveler sighed and the two left. "You know... for emergency food, you sure are keen on using up all of our normal circumstance food." The traveler said jokingly as they walked away. "W-What!? Paimon is not emergency food!" The two left, and the mountain was quiet again.

Sucrose's water had finished boiling, and she dipped her sweet flower tea bag into the water. She looked over at the bed. Albedo had fallen back asleep again. He's earned some sleep... Sucrose thought. I wonder what he's been working on that's keeping him up so late...

Sucrose went over to Albedo's desk and began to clean up all of the stray paper's and books that he had to put away. Sucrose was taking a book to the shelf, when a piece of paper fell out of a book. Sucrose picked it up, and without thinking, looked at what it was.

It was a plan for alchemic flowers to bloom at a certain time when coming in contact with the receiver. It was an in depth plan, and Sucrose noticed the flowers were windwheel asters. At the bottom of the page was the words, Sucrose's gift

Although the signature made it clear it was for her; Sucrose felt as though she had seen something she wasn't meant to. She put it back in the book, and on the shelf. She looked over at the man asleep on the bed. You really shouldn't stay up all night for me... Sucrose thought. Although she couldn't stop the blush from creeping onto her cheeks.