Get Ready! Crash Course

Valt asked you to come over to his house to help him with homework, but when you got there, apparently his mom had him doing some special training so you had to wait until he was done.

You decided to watch him do his training so you quickly went to put down your books in his room and come down to watch.

"The first drill is..." Chiharu said "mopping!"

"mopping...?" you said under your breath so no one could hear except you.

"To strengthen your arm so you can keep your launcher steady!" She continued.

You look at her in confusion, mopping is definitely NOT gonna help.

She notices your confusion and winks, you smile, picking up on what she is doing, and wink back.

"Yeah Valt," you said "I always mop at my house, it's how I beat my opponents"

Valt nodded and started mopping the entire bakery, you and Chiharu gave each other a look that said "nice."

♡♡♡

Valt then had to wipe all the windows 'till they were crystal clear.

"Put your shoulders into it grasshopper!" Chiharu cheered, you smirk when you hear Valt's mom call Valt "grasshopper".

"You'll need that shoulder strength when you're launching your bey" she continued, "use your arm muscles two and your kill two birds with one stone,"

Valt started to clean harder and faster than before.

Valt cheered in victory after he was done his task.

♡♡♡

After, Valt said he had to carry two bags of flour across the house.

"Dont forget Wonderboy," you said, falling at holding in your laugh, "strong core muscles are key to everything."

Valt didn't seem to notice your laughter though, he just kept pushing through. Although oblivious to you, Valt slightly blushed when he heard you call him Wonderboy.

♡♡♡

That was Valt's final lesson for the day and when he was done you two rushed upstairs to do some homework.

Before you went up the stairs, you secretly fist-bumped Chiharu.

♡♡♡

The next day, you were waiting with the beyclub at the beymall for Valt, you expected him to be late but to your surprise, he was on time.

Rantaro didn't try to hide his laughter, he was patting Valt's head, teasing him about being on time for once. The twins even joined in too.

You weren't listening, you could feel that you forgot something, but you couldn't point your finger on what it was.

"I'm so whipped!" Valt yelled, "I can't wait for the next battle!"

"But Shu and Hu Tao are battling today" Nika reminded which made you flinch.

"I'm battling today!" You yelled, so that's what you forgot, you've been so invested with Mel and her new bey, you forgot about the tournament.

Everyone looked at you in confusion, you then remembered, you were the first one up.