Our destiny

- Lucy's p.o.v -

" So you get it, don't you? You understand why I've taken you here with me " Zeref looked up into my eyes after he had explained everything, his expression impatient. " Indeed I do... " I replied while looking down at my bruised feet. I couldn't believe they were to do something like that.

My mind was racing. I didn't know what to do or which side to choose. Both sides had as many pros as cons and both seemed equally bad; the only difference was that my choise would affect on everyone's future, not only mine. Either I joined the people that called themselves my friends or I fought alongside my abnormal family.

I wanted to shout, to run away from the pain inflicted on my body and mind. I couldn't tell what was real and what was fake anymore. Could I really trust on someone? Were they seriously on my side; or were they just using me due to my power? ' Excrucuating pain spread quickly across my head like it had been doing since I started remembering more things more often.

In between of the pain and the thoughts I noticed that Zeref had stepped closer to me and was slowly stretching his hands out to reach my injured face. He held my head in between his shaking fingers, not taking his red eyes out of mine for a second before opening his mouth, as if to say something before I lost conciousness.

- Flashback, right after they had teleported away a month ago-

- Zeref's p.o.v-

' I trully do not want her to get through this but I know it's the only way that she'll get her memories back. The only way I can make sure that they won't deleate me from her memories. The only way that I can watch over her and look over what Acnologia and the other guy are planning because I don't trust him and I know that Lucy isn't safe alone with the guild. '

" Zeref. Can you please explain to me what I'm doing here? " Lucy asked me with a hit of anger in that voice I liked so much. I really missed her kisses, her smell and her embrace around my body yet I didn't know how to tell her that I was siding up with the bad guys to bring her back and that she has the total right to hate on me if she gets to find out.

" You... Well.. I.... " I stuttered, not knowing how to explain myself. " Well what is it Zeref, did the cat eat your tongue? " the one I've come to hate mocked me as I still stuttered, not saying anything that weren't pronouns. " Tsk, whatever I'll find out alone " She replied, turning around and heading towards the torture chamber, a place I didn't want her to visit yet; before I could explain myself.

" No! " I shouted out of the blue, causing her to turn around and head towards me just in time to avoid the trap they had set for her.

" Just... remember I love you. " I said as she led out an anoying " tsk " before walking away in the same direction as before. This time falling on the trap as a cage-like-jail appeared sourrounding her before her ankles and wrists were tied up by magic chains that held her against the floor.

" Get me out of here! Asshole! " She roared, trying to use her magic against the chains but it was no veil, those chains were made out of mine, Acnologia's and my enemy's magic. There was no way she could brake them with such a simple spell as igniting herself in flames. But then again, that proofed she was really strong because those chains were supposed to nullify her magic.

" It's the only way... " I whispered to her ear but she moved it away, spitting on my feet.

" Nicely done. Now let's beginn; shall we? " Acnologia laughed manically he looked through a bag he had taken with him.  " Let me see, what should we use... This? " He took out a towel and a bucket of water. He wanted to drown her! " or better this? " This time he held high some clamps that were connected to an electricity lacrima. Those were used by the council to electrocute prisoners when they couldn't get information any other way. " What about just hitting her in unison with our magic? " That one guy that I hated proposed. " It won't work... " I mumbled, starring at her. " She's used to all kinds of magic. "

" I'll go first since she's my daughter and all " Aconologia's voice brought me back to reality. There he stood, charging his fist to hit her straight ahead with his magic.

I closed my eyes before his fist made contact with her skin but I could still picture it on my mind and the sound of the impact wouldn't help either. The only thing that stopped me from stepping in between them was the image of Lucy and what she once promised me before she had met her father. She said " Promise me that if I ever change, no matter the circunstances, no matter what method you use, you'll bring me back to myself. " I knew that this is what she wanted and I would bring her back to normal. We had a promise. I had to stick to it.

I could only stare at her afterwards. Her body that seemed so fragile and pure had started to swollen and red marks laid on the places Acnologia's magic had made contact with her skin. What kind of a monster was I to put her under so much pain? Even though I was doing it for her, what right did I have? Who had decided it be me, someone who loved her from the depths of my heart, who would hurt her in such an atrocious way?

The more he hit her, the more I felt how pleasure startet taking over me and even though I knew it was because the darkness that laid inside me had finally awoken, it felt good. But there was nothing wrong about it, right? I was doing this for her.

Soon and without a warning, I felt how I myself wanted to join. I wanted to be the one she would stare at with hatred and madness while I hit her across that fragile body of hers.

" Look, my boy has finally decided to join us " Acnologia laughed at me while I pushed him away, standing where he had. Facing her directly. I would be the one to make her suffer. I had to be the one to bring her true-self back.

" Finally. I was already thinking you wouldn't join " She scoffed while I charged a fist full of magic and hit her with it. " Is that all you've got? " She mocked me as I charged against her once again. Two, three, four times without a pause. Still, a sadisctic smile started forming on her bleeding mouth. " You're a weakling " She spat out " My father would hit me harder than that ".

Time went flying and eventually, so did my sanity. At the end, I would ask myself who was more mentally ill, if Lucy or me?

 - End of flashback -

I felt pain as I starred at her bruised and swollen face, still not being able to believe what I had done. How could I have done something so sick to someone I cared so much about? I was a monster, there was no doubt of it. There was no way I deserved her affection.

I had broken her more than she already was at the time I was supposed to be the one to fix her. Everyone was right when they said I was the one to blame for everyone's pain.'  I've failed her but this is my chance to finally make it right. Once I acomplish my goal she will be able to live like she was meant to. To finally experience the love story she has always wanted. '

Tears started falling from my eyes as I thought about the destiny that awaited me but the more I thought about it, the more I reallized I wasn't crying because of the future. I was crying because of everything I had experienced allong in my life. Tears were falling down my face because I loved her and she meant everything to me. She was; and will always be my world and if she was happy I would be happy too. Wherever I was.