Chapter two| The Madrigals

Finally enough waiting, there was a knock at your door.

"I'll get it padre!" You say making your way to the door, you open the door and see mirabel.

"Hey, do you want to come in I need to go get changed and sort my hair out, I'll be quick I promise!" You say.

"Sure thats fine!" She says as she walks in.

You ran upstairs and quickly got changed into the nicest outfit you have and fixed your hair then rushed downstairs.

"Sorry to keep you waiting mirabel! I had completely forgotten- padre I'm going to go to my friends cousins gifting ceremony is that okay?" You say.

"Of course dear! I'll tell your abuela for you, go have fun!" He answered from the kitchen.

"Thank you! ¡Te quiero!" (I love you) you say walking out with mirabel.
"I'm so sorry to keep you waiting, you look nice by the way" you say.

"Aw thanks! You look nice too! And don't worry about it" She says smiling

You arrive at the house of the famous Madrigals and your eyes widen at the sight of hundreds of people flooding into the building. *all this- for a ceremony? Sheesh these people do things different*

"Wow-" You say practically speechless.

"Yeah it's a lot I apologise, cmon I'll introduce you" She says taking your hand and walking over to the door. You see a boy around your age with curly hair in a yellow poncho shape-shifting into people as he greets them and welcomes them into the house.

"That's my prima (cousin) Camilo, his gift is shape-shifting if you couldn't tell" she said giggling.

"That's pretty neat" you say, still staring at him, you don't realise at first but then her turns and sees you. That's when you realise and follow after mirabel. Camilo chuckles and keeps changing into different people.

"My prima (Cousin) Dolores should be here any minute" she says. Just then a girl looking a little older than us with a lovely red skirt and hair tied up in a massive bobble ontop of her head swings round the corner.

"I heard my name?" She says.

"Her gift is being able to hear things from miles away!" Mirabel explains

"Oh cool! Dolores right? I'm y/n nice to meet you" You say holding out your hand.

"I would but I can hear abuela calling me, nice to meet you to! ¡Adiós! (Bye!)" Dolores says whilst scuttling over to the kitchen.

Mirabel chuckles "don't worry it's nothing personal abuela probably needs her to figure out where Antonio is, speaking of him! I should probably go find him, all this is for him after all. I'll come find you again later and introduce you to everyone else I promise! Hablaré contigo más tarde (talk to you later)" And she had ran upstairs and went into one of the rooms.

You stood there not knowing what to do, you knew basically no one there and didn't know your way around so you just stayed still looking really awkward. You felt a tap on your shoulder after a few minutes which makes u jump and spin around.

"Sorry-! I didn't mean to make you jump, you look lost are you okay?" It was the boy you saw at the front of the house in the yellow poncho.

"Oh heh, it's fine and yes I'm alright- I think" You say while scratching the back of your neck.

"If you say so, my names camilo, what's your name hermosa (beautifull)?" He says smiling.

*hermosa (beautifull)?! He really is bold isn't he* you chuckle to yourself and reply.