Prologue - Muzan and Kokushibo

The anti-demon clan has always been a threat to the existence and survival of demons. Muzan was very much aware of it. He tries his very best to keep all his demons safe from their evil doings, but no matter how hard you try, you can't always save everyone...

Muzan had been sitting there for a while now, just staring at the ground. He had a straight face the whole time, and his upper one, Kokushibo, had been watching. "Muzan-sama... are you...okay?" He hesitantly asked. "Yes, I'm fine." He plainly responded. Muzan knew that Kokushibo was concerned, but it was like he didn't care. He was spacing out like he was in a dream world or something. "Have you found the blue spider lily? Or at least any info on it?" "No... Muzan-sama. I have.... no leads." 

"What the hell is taking so long?!" He was getting impatient. Kokushibo slightly froze, unused to him being in a bad temper. "I'm sorry... Muzan-sama, it's... just that-" "No. I-it's okay. I don't need your apology. I shouldn't have snapped. I just-" That's when the Demon King's frustration all spilled out. In other words... 

  He broke down. 

In front of Kokushibo.Of course, he was shocked by his sudden outburst, and he didn't consider himself as someone that was good at comforting, in fact, he wasn't sentimental at all. So when it happened, he tried to comfort him. He'd never see Muzan the same again. 

Kokushibo didn't want to tell anyone about Muzan's sudden outburst, but now, deep down he knew. He knew that Muzan wasn't okay, and he wanted to fix that. The only problem is.. he didn't know how. He didn't know what to do, when with who, and how.What he didn't know was, Muzan knew. He knew everything, from reading his mind. He knew he was worried, and that he wanted to do something.At this point the both of them have been silently thinking, silently waiting and worried, waiting for each other to do something. Anything. It was a game of waiting until it was too late.

A/N

WELCOMEEEE~~ I didn't write this to become famous or something. I just wrote it because I was bored, and well, I had AUs that I couldn't just keep in my brain. People kept telling me to share it. So yeah. This story will be preeeettty angsty (but not as angsty as my other AUs >:D) so if you are sensitive/don't like angst well uhhh, this isn't a story for you. But nonetheless, I hope you enjoy it! Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes/inaccurate word use.