Present Day

There he was, feeling as stressed as ever. He had lost his strongest demon, his uppermoon one, and didn't know if he'd ever get him back. He was pacing around his room. "Muzan-sama." A straight-faced black-haired girl walked in. "We have reports on what they might've done to Kokushibo-san." It was Mizuki, his temporary uppermoon 1 replacement. "About time," he responded, "Tell me all you have." 

 "Their blood demon arts are getting more powerful. I think slayers have been abducted in the forest of Natagumo mountain because Rui's there. They're taking advantage of all the kidnapped demons' blood arts, probably including Koku-san's breathing styles. I don't really think they plan on killing him." She murmured the last part. "They're hiding themselves really well from cursed accessories, just like the one Enmu-san gave to you, and based on what we have, they've been using it for years. I think the rumors and how they've been fooling people so easily is because they're feeding the demons humans? I know that's killing their own kind. I can't believe someone can be so ruthless and violent." She sighed. "I hope that was some kind of use to you, Muzan-sama." He looked at her as a sign of gratitude. "Thank you. I know how hard you're trying." 

"It's really nothing, Muzan-sama. I just can't imagine how harsh they're probably treating him right now." She responded. Muzan smiled. "Hey, I sent the lowermoons to get rid of one of their bases, since they insisted anyway, in case there's any info there. You might want to help them clean up?" 

  "Sure"

"Guys, Lady Mizuki's here. We should just ask it to her. But don't let go of these guys."

A/N

CLIFFHANGER ENDING WOOHOO! Ik the chapters are short but there will be a lot that's why.