1

A beautiful night sky with aesthetically city lights and snow began to fall in the entire city of Seoul, South Korea, it's a perfect scene in everyone's eyes.

Winter has arrived, a season Sana despises the most. Sana is a college student studying in one of Seoul's prestigious schools. Despite not having a luxurious life, she is intellectually gifted, which is why she was able to obtain a scholarship to a prestigious university in town. Sana is also a hardworking girl, she works several part-time jobs while also studying.

Sana is currently walking back home, rubbing her hands together to relieve the cold she is currently experiencing.

Sana is not in a good mood today because she didn't expect the winter to start so soon, so she didn't bring any gloves, which irritated her, and she also encountered a hot-headed customer in her workplace earlier today, which made her dislike the winter season even more.

When she arrived at her house, she noticed a large number of alcoholic bottles scattered on the floor as she opened the door. She sighed, knowing that her mother was inebriated once more.

Sana checked the time on her wristwatch; it was already 11 p.m. She exhaled a sigh.

She began picking up the bottles and placing them outside the house. She went into the living room and saw her mother still drinking, her mother was aware of her presence.

"Get out!!!!" her mother yelled, but Sana ignored her.

She approached her mother, bent down, and tried to stop her from drinking, but her mother simply pushed her away and began to beat her up.

Sana simply covered her body, accepting all of her mother's punches, and silently cried out, grabbing her mother's wrist to stop her from punching her.

"I said get out!!!" her mother yelled once more.

Sana stood up and left the house, staring at her wasted mother. She can't stay inside because she knows her mother will still push her away, and Sana is used to it because it happens every winter season.

Sana went to her favorite place, the playground far away from her house, she checked the time, it's already ten o'clock in the evening and she's freezing to death right now but she doesn't care, all she can feel right now is heartache, remembering the tragic past that also happened during the winter and a tears started to stream down her cheeks.

Sitting alone on the bench with no one around is an ideal time for her to let out the tears she's been holding in for a long time.

She had no idea that someone else was watching her in the playground.

The women approached her and took a seat on the opposite side of the bench.

Sana became aware of the woman's presence and turned to face her. She wiped away her tears and gathered herself.

"Don't mind me, just let out the pain you're feeling right now," the woman said, smiling at Sana.

Sana only looked at the woman's face.

'She looks familiar,' Sana thinks.

"Uhm? I know I'm cute and pretty, but you don't have to stare at me like that, you know?" joked the woman.

Sana furrowed her brows and averted her gaze from the woman. "Sorry"

"No, I'm kidding," the woman replied, pulling the hot handpad from her pocket. "Here, I can feel your hands are cold even though I didn't touch them," she said, offering the latter beside her.

"No thanks, I'm fine," Sana replied, placing her hands in the pockets of her heavy jacket.

The woman approached her and grabbed her hand, placing the hot handpad on her palm, before returning to the other side of the bench.