5

Jeongyeon took a small box from her coat and handed it to Sana, saying, "I wanted to give you this."

"What is it?" Sana inquired.

"Open it," Jeongyeon said with a smile.

Sana carefully opened it and discovered a necklace. "Necklace?" she asked.

Jeongyeon nodded, "I've wanted to give you that for a long time, but I don't have the courage."

Sana gave her a strange look and asked, "Are you cheating on my friend with me?"

"Of course not! Don't get the wrong idea tsk," Jeongyeon said, her eyes widening.

"That's good," Sana sighed, relieved.

"That necklace is from a friend," Jeongyeon stated solemnly.

"Who?" Sana inquired, intrigued.

Jeongyeon sighed and looked up at the sky, "Tzuyu, your secret admirer from two years ago."

Sana's ears perked up when she heard the name, "T-tzuyu?" she asked, double-checking if she heard it right, and her heart skipped a beat.

'Tzuyu is Jeongyeon's friend? And Tzuyu is the mystery girl? How? '

"She told me to give it to you on Christmas day," Jeongyeon's gaze fixed on the sky.

Sana was still perplexed as to why Tzuyu did not appear when they were supposed to meet today, and why there was a necklace and Jeongyeon was the one who gave it to her instead of Tzuyu.

"Where is she right now?"
Sana inquired.

"Up there," said Jeongyeon, pointing to the sky.

Sana looked up and returned her gaze to Jeongyeon, puzzled, "Ha?"

Jeongyeon sighed and looked at Sana, saying, "She died last year, the same day your father died."

Sana felt as if thousands of knives had been pierced directly into her heart, and her world had come to a halt for a brief moment.

"W-what?" she asked, not believing what Jeongyeon was saying right now.

She can't believe Tzuyu is no longer alive, despite the fact that she spent every night at the playground with her few days ago.

"She had a heart disease, and when she found out she only had two years or less to live, she told me she wanted to be with you,"

Sana remained silent, staring at the necklace she was holding and listening to Jeongyeon.

"The first time she met you was when I visited the dance club to fetch Nayeon during our first day as a couple. Tzuyu was with me at the time, but you just took a quick glance at her because you were so busy on the practice," Jeongyeon said.

'That's why she looked familiar the first time I saw her at the playground,'

"When she first met you, she told me that she fell in love with you at first sight, and she then decided to transfer into your school because she wanted to see you every single day," Jeongyeon added, smiling slightly as she remembered how happy Tzuyu was at the time.