1

of blazing sun burns,
into the deepest abyss,
standing there is a lone maiden,
with the heart of a glass,
broken shattered yet still on her feet

.......

Taking in the breeze of morning wind, you stretched your limbs. You felt excited. After all, today was a special day for you after all. 1 week ago, you got a letter saying that you was accepted as one of the member of Favonius Knight.

For you, an orphan who didn't even know who's your parent is. This was a good new since you can finally help the sisters of the church whose kind enough to adopt you when you was still a baby.

But what excites you the most was the fact that you got immediately promoted a captain rank. You are quite confident in your fighting skills since a sister called Rosaria often beats you up while doing sparring.

Putting on the Favonius knight uniform, you walked out of the house that you rented before. Checking up on your neighbor that has just recently moved in. Mona Megistus.

"Good morning miss Megistus!" You greeted.

And Mona being Mona, just replied with a slight frown and an arrogant gesture. But as you gets to know her, that was a positive response from her.
You were about to leave the place when suddenly Mona called out.

"Hey! When you get back, bring some Sweet Madame! Your treat!"

You just waved your hand around in agreement and continue walking. Favonius headquarter wasn't that far from your home so a few minutes of walking would do.

Arriving at the doorstep, you felt the sudden surge anxiety. As you are battling inside your mind, someone tapped on your shoulder. You turned to look at the person in question.

It was one of your co workers. The Cavalry Captain, Kaeya. His features match with the rumors you heard. About his carefree attitude and his mysterious aura.

"Are you the new guy? You know, the rumored secondary team reconaissanse captain" he asked. To which you reply with a slight nod.

"Not fond of talking huh? Well, we once have a guy like that. Don't see a problem having another one yeah?".

His carefree attitude made him completely forgot about the fact that the two of you have just met.

"Im looking forward to our future cooperation" you said to give you an excuse to get away.

"Me too. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck today" he said and enter the building. You followed him from the back.

The view from the inside was quite splendid. It wasn't on the level of the jade chamber from Liyue, but it gives off a freedom-like vibes.

"Greetings Captain!" Said one of the knights guarding the library. You wave your hands in response.

Suddenly being called out by someone was quite a surprise for you. But you have to get use to it for the sake of your position.

You headed for the grandmaster's office. With a slight creaks, you open the door.

The acting grandmaster Jean, was busy as always. As soon as she saw you, she pushed aside the pile of paper.

"Seems like you're here. I suppose you already know what you are supposed to do?"

"I do! The duty of reconaissanse captain is to spot and eliminate any potential threat to Monstadt" you said while giving her a salute.

"Great! And also, you don't have to be too formal with me. Just call me Jean. Of course, it was a privilige for the upper ranks like you only" she said as she scribbled down something on a piece of paper.

"Thank you acting gra-. No, thanks Jean" you corrected yourself.

Jean seems pleased and gives you a slight smile. You turned around to leave and just as you're about to push the door, it swung open hitting you flat on the face.

Falling on your knees, you hold your nose to stop it from bleeding. You can tolerate with pain quite well so its not that painful.

"Don't blame me. You're the one blocking the door" said a foreign voice. You looked up to see that bastard.

You were expecting a thug like character but, you met with a someone more interesting.

It's another one of your co workers, the Spindrift Knight. Eula of the Lawrence family. Her sharp eyes looking down on you. Just like her vision, she was cold as ever.

"Eula. We talked about this" Jean said.

"...I understand" Eula replied and turned back at you.

"I will remember this. Mark my words" she said and left.

You can only look at her walking away with a bleeding nose. Jean sighed.

"I apologize in her stead. Eula have always been like that. That's her normal behavior"

"It's fine. I dont mind it that much" you said trying to make yourself looks tough.

Jean giggles and make a gesture for you to leave.

"I'm sorry to ruin your first day of working here. Not a very good first impression huh?"

"I guess so" you said and left the office.

.........

Eula is in good mood since yesterday. She gets to spend time with Amber and taste the rare delicacies from Liyue the jade parcels.

And today, she had something to talk about with Jean. It was a fun walk for Eula even if she doesn't show it on her face.

It was until she bumped on someone. The man kneeled while holding his nose. Eula was surprised.

But instead of saying sorry, she said-

"Don't blame me. You're the one blocking the door"

...
...
...

Eula cursed herself a thousand time. She just ruined her own mood. With a warning from Jean, Eula left the place.

After getting out of the building, Eula decided to take a drink at dawn winery.

Right after Eula stepped on the busy street of Monstadt, everyone stopped moving for a few seconds.

Literally, every single thing, the walking crowds, merchants promoting their goods. It looks like the time itself stopped.

Eula was not new to these kind of situation. In fact, this was an expected reaction. Usually she wouldn't take this path but she somehow forgot about it today.

Eula walks away quickly to kill the rising tension. She hates the people of Monstadt, but not Monstadt itself.

And she especially despise her own family. Because of them, Eula had to suffer the consequences. From the day she was born until the current present.

The soft wind becomes her only company as she left the busy street. She arrived at Dawn Winery shortly after. The door opened with a light bell ringing.

The former knight, Diluc was wiping the glass. He took a glance at Eula before continuing with his work.

"The usual?" He asked as he reach out for a bottle.

"Yes please" Eula replied and head upstairs once she grab the bottle from Diluc's hand.

Sitting down at her usual spot, Eula took a sip of the liquor. Then she heard another ring of the bell.

Someone other than her has entered the place. She can hear the man start a small conversation with Diluc.

But who that person was? Eula could care less. She doesn't have things to settle with a stranger after all.

But as the person in question arrived upstairs, Eula was caught off guard and the drink goes down the wrong pipe.

She immediately let go of her glass and coughed repeatedly.

"Are you alright?" Asked a voice in front of her.

She forced open her watery eyes to take a look at the man.

It was the same person that she bumped on at the favonius headquarter.