14

She tried her best,
Her hardest, her greatest of effort,
Only to realize what she gets,
Is the loneliness at the top,

............

The fatui agent and all of his underlings was shocked. In front of them was a raging flame vortex looking almost like a miniscule tornado.

For a moment, it reminded them of one of the harbingers.

After sometime, the firestorm abruptly stopped. Y/n hold his dual blade. It looks identical to the 11th harbinger's weapon.

"How did you have a delusion?!" The agent asked as he readied his dagger.

Rather than replying, y/n looked around and saw Eula in the distance.

He dashed, faster than before. The fatui agent managed to catch up to him and throw a knife towards y/n.

Y/n jumped high into the air, right above the group of fatuis.

"Now! Shoot him down!" Said one of them.

Numerous elemental projectiles was aimed towards y/n. He created a fire barrier under him, blocking every single one of it.

Once he reached the ground, the barrier exploded, sending every single fatui flying. Some managed to withstand the shockwave.

From behind, an electro fatui swung his hammer.

Bam! Direct hit right to the sides.

Y/n was sent crashing to a boulder. He swallowed back the blood rising in his throat.

The delusion gave him powers, not unlimited powers. So he had to end the fight as fast as possible.

He stood up and raises his hand on the air. A fireball was formed

"Is he going to shoot it?" The fatuis pondered. But numerous fireball started to manifests above them.

"With the will of the great Tsaritsa. Become one with the ice with fire as medium" he said. Somehow, the words tsaritsa strengthened the delusion.

Then the fireballs that manifested in the air, descend upon he fatuis. The rain of fire created large amount of vaporization, filling the whole place with a thick fog.

Y/n used his delusion to feel the elemental power from Eula.

Then he could see a very weak and dying, cryo power. He immediately put Eula on his shoulder and ran as fast as he can.

............

Jean was reading the mail that Eula had sent to her via an owl, two days ago.

The contents was neatly written. And very simple. Only a few words can be seen.

"Possible traitor. Captain y/n. A delusion was in his possession, and no one else knows about it other than me. I don't know what's happening in Monstadt. But this scout mission has already failed the moment it started."

That was the contents. Jean stared outside her window. Her face shows no emotion. Almost as if she suppressed it all down.

"How do you explain this Rosaria?" She finally said.

The woman with pale skin, leaning against the wall, shake her head.

"I have no idea about it. It's been a few years since I last trained him. It could happen that he chose to make contacts with the fatui" she commented.

"Because they gives out delusion right? Y/n may not seems like it. But he could be thirsting for vision powers for sometime" Jean said.

"That could be one too. Of course, this is all what we see. Which is something that could very much be untrue itself" Rosaria replied.