-5-

You woke up early the next morning, unable to go back to sleep as you worried about visiting your parents, realising that you were completely unprepared.

Groaning, you stood up and opened your closet, staring at the clothes. Too baggy, too formal, too smart, too revealing. You tried on everything that seemed ok but nothing worked, it had to be perfect but it wasn't.

"Hey sweetie what are you doing?" Bruce asked, walking in to see you in a white shirt that wasn't too smart or casual and some jeans, crying quietly into your knees, surrounded by clothes.

"Nothin' perfect." You mumbled into your knees and Bruce sat down next to you, trying not to crease any of your clothes.

"It's ok, I think you look very nice." Bruce explained, gently rubbing your back, "why don't we get everything else sorted and ready?"

You nodded, and Bruce made sure you had everything you needed in your bag and helped you make your breakfast, you weren't fully little, but you still like it when your caregivers helped you, especially when you were so anxious.

"Are you ready to go kiddo?" Tony asked and you nodded, following your caregivers to the car, sitting in the back with Bruce while Happy drove and Tony controlled the music.

The nearer you got, the more nervous you became, trying to ignore your frantically bouncing leg and the way you were itching to grab Bruce's hand and squeeze it tight.

"Alrighty guys, we're here." Tony announced and you felt glued to your seat as everyone else got out. Tony opened the door and looked at you, concern clouding his features as he looked at you, "Bambi? You ok?"

You nodded and got out of the car, walking up to the door and knocking, your breath catching in your chest.

"Hey y/n." Your mother said, opening the door and hugging you, your Dad hugging you after before greeting Tony and Bruce, everyone taking their shoes off and sitting down in the lounge.

"Dinner will be ready in a few minutes." Your mum announced and everyone started to move towards the dining room, you sitting in between Bruce and Tony, opposite your Dad.

"So y/n did you get your classification yet?" Your mother asked after a few minutes of eating and you stared at your food for a moment before replying.

"Uh yeah I'm a neutral." You replied, avoiding your parents gazes as you continued to pick at your food, your stomach too queasy to actually eat. Tony gently stole some of your food while no one was looking to make it appear as though you had eaten more and erase suspicious.

"Good I'm glad you're not a little, they're horrible little things, just because they don't want to grow up doesn't mean they can destroy society." Your mother explained and you could feel Tony and Bruce tense next to you, trying to stay calm.

"I agree, it's pathetic honestly, I mean, they're not even actual babies and yet they want treating like one yet the whole world now revolves around them. Neutrals are the only ones with any sense." Your father continued, Tony and Bruce feeling it personally this time, this wasn't just a jab at littles, it was a jab at caregivers too.

"Who would like dessert?" Your mother asked, like everything that had just been said was normal.

"No thanks." You mumbled and Tony and Bruce followed suit, also declining dessert.

"Ok well, it is getting late, perhaps you should be getting home, we don't want you driving in the dark." Your mother replied and everyone nodded, saying their goodbyes before getting back in the car where Happy was waiting.

"You ok sweetheart?" Bruce asked, Tony deciding to sit in the back with you and Bruce leaving the passenger seat empty as Happy put up the divider.

"Yep." You replied, fighting back your headspace again; after everything you'd just been though, you wanted to regress even more, but the words of your parents rang in your head, loud and sharp. You were a disgrace, you destroyed society.

Soon after, the effort and anxiety became too much, you and fell asleep, subconsciously cuddling into Tony's side, face resting on his chest, the glow of the arc reactor in your face.

"She's fighting again." Tony inferred abs Bruce nodded sadly, resting his hand on your leg.

"We'll have to make her slip before she gets sick again." Bruce replied before spending the rest of the journey in silence, keeping an eye on you throughout.