20: The Proposal

Marinette walked in the school and look around, confused. Sabine came standing next to her. "What's wrong?"

"Rose texted me to come here at this hour, but no one's here."

Sabine smirked.

Everyone jumped out the classrooms and behind the doors. "Happy birthday!" Amber ran up to Marinette and hugged her. "I missed you."

Marinette smiled. She felt happy. She forgot about everything. She'd celebrate her birthday with friends.

Amber looked at Marinette's big smile. "I have a gift for you."

"What is it?"

Amber was already in tears as she was standing on one knee. Marinette gasped as Amber took out a little box.

"Amber.."

Amber opened the box and there it was, a little diamond ring. "The first time I met you, I only wanted you. Marinette Dupain-Cheng, do you wanna marry me?"

Everyone gasped. Marinette already in tears, unable to say anything, nodded. Amber slipped the ring on Marinette's finger and kissed.

Everyone cheered. After they broke the kiss, Marinette was a still crying happy tears. She turned around and raised her her arm. "I'm engaged!"

Adrien ran up to Marinette. "I'm so happy for you!"

"I know! Cmon, feel it!"

Thomas came to stand next to Amber. "When did you plan all this."

"A few days ago. I figured to do it before something happens to her, you know."

Sabine ran up to Marinette and took her hands. "You're gonna be a beautiful bride! Or groom, whatever you decide."

Marinette smiled and hugged her mother. "Thanks mom." Marinette's eyes got big. "Oh my God we have to plan the wedding. Oh God there are so many things and we have to plan stuff and the invite and-"

Amber calmed Marinette and took her hands. "Marinette, look at me, ok. Your anxiety is high. We do not have to plan the wedding right now. You go save the world, and we'll see about the wedding afterwards."

Marinette smiled and they kissed. Everyone in the room was admiring the two. Marinette's past classmates still couldn't believe she didn't end up with Adrien, the guy she dreamed off for 4 years. But they were happy she explored her sexuality.

"So are we completely ignoring the fact that we actually came here to throw you a birthday party?"

Marinette chuckled nervously. "And it was still you who dived from that plan."

"Yeah, because I love you."

"Get a room!" Alix chuckled.

"Well then, let's party!"

______

Adrien came to sit next to Marinette who was sitting on the stairs all alone. "What's wrong?"

"Amber asked me."

"Yep."

"And I said yes."

"True."

Marinette turned to Adrien. "Do you realize I'm gonna be married?"

"Uh yeah."

"Oh my God, I'm gonna be someone's wife. Oh my God and what about college? And when are we gonna do the wedding with Lila and Alya still out?"

"Okay, you know what? When you do decide to go back to NY, you give me your miraculous and I'll give it to somebody to help me defeat Lila and Alya. Like that you can go and focus yourself on the wedding and your studies."

"But what about your studies?"

"Eh, I kept some of my father's money. I'll see what I'll do with my life. And he's not here to judge me, so I'll just do whatever the fuck I want."

Marinette chuckled. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah of course! And give me a call when you decide when the wedding will be."

"Sure thing, Agreste."

Adrien snickered. "You do realize your last name will be Ashford, right?"

"As long as it isn't that long again, I'm good."

Amber came waltzing towards the two talking. "There's my fiance. Can I steal her for a minute?"

"Do whatever you wanna do with her." Amber and Marinette stared at Adrien with a concerned face.

"That came out the wrong way." Adrien took a sip of his beer.

Amber grabbed Marinette and took her aside. "I know this is sudden, and I know that you had a lot on your head but-"

"Hey hey, it's okay. I was just talking with Adrien and it's alright. He'll give my miraculous to someone else and we'll be arranging our wedding while also focusing on our studies. I know it's gonna be a lot but I do wanna spend my whole life with you."

Amber was almost in tears. "You do?"

Marinette nodded. Marinette looked at her watch. "So we should really leave now if we wanna catch that airplane."

"Yeah. Lemme grab Thomas." Amber looked around. "Uh, any chance you know where he is."

"Flirting with my past classmates."

Amber nodded. "Gotcha."

"Well, I'm gonna talk with Adrien, hoping he'll be okay alone. And then we'll leave."

"Yeah. So excited!"

Marinette smiled. "You're not the only one!"

Marinette walked over to Adrien who was at the brunch table eating. "Hey, were gonna leave. Or we're gonna miss our flight."

"Okay, sure. I'm gonna stay with your parents. They were Alywas nice to me."

Marinette chuckled. "That's them."

"Okay, I'll miss you. I don't know when I'll be back."

"Right, here." Marinette took off her earrings and put them in a little box. "Give them to someone. Someone gotta catch an Akuma if Lila uses the Moth miraculous."

"Right, thanks. Oh and call me when your wedding is."

"I will." Marinette hugged Adrien. "Ugh I'm gonna miss you!"

"Marinette! Come now!"

"In a minute!"

"We don't have a minute! I found Thomas."

"Go, before you miss your flight."

Marinette groans. "Okay. Bye Adrien." they hugged and left with Amber and Thomas to the airport.

She was now the happiest person on the planet.