24: The End

Marinette got woken up by her phone ringing. She looked at the time. 3 am? Who's calling at this time?

She looked better and saw it was Adrien. "Adrien?"

"Marinette! I have news!"

"Couldn't you have called later? It's literally three am, let me sleep."

"Sorry, but I have good news!"

"Marinette?" Thomas opened his eyes and lit up his bedside lamp. "What are you doing? It's 3 in the morning."

"Sorry. I'll go outside." She got up, slipped in her slippers and put a bathrobe on her. "So, what's the good news? And talk faster, I would like to sleep."

"We've catched Lila and Alya!"

"WHAT?!"

Amber opened her dorm room, her hair out of place. "Marinette? Why are you screaming?"

"Adrien catched Alya and Lila!"

"Nice. Now go to sleep! Well discuss it tomorrow." Amber walked back in her dorm and shut the door. Marinette focused herself back on Adrien. "That's great! Means you can come back, right? I kinda miss Tikki."

"Yeah, i can-"

"Hey Marinette! I didn't catch you when you came to Paris."

"Manon? You gave my miraculous to Manon? Are you out of you're mind, Adrien?"

"What? She said she'd help."

"Oh my god, how is Paris not burning already."

"Look, i knew how much Manon loved Ladybug growing up, so i thought she'd be a good idea."

"She's a CHILD!"

"She's basically the age you started being Ladybug."

"Yeah, and i made mistake-"

"Shut up!" Mia stood in the doorway of her dorm room. "It is 4 am and i don't know if you know this, but people would like to sleep! So quit arguing and talk tomorrow."

"Alright." Thomas opened the door and dragged Marinette in their dorm and shut the door. "And that's mine." He grabbed Marinette's phone and hanged up the conversation with Adrien. "You're going to sleep now."

Marinette groaned but got in her bed.

"Good girl, now sleep."

________

Marinette woke up and saw Amber laying next to her. "Amber?"

Amber opened her eyes and smiled. "Yeah?"

"When did you crawl in my bed?"

Amber smirked half asleep. "Youuuu have a problem with it?"

Marinette smiled and started cuddling with Amber. "Not anymore you adorable little human."

Thomas groaned at the other side of the room. "Get a room, you two."

"We wanted to. You denied."

"Surprise!" Adrien walked the dorm in all happy, but got kicked to the ground by Marinette.

"Manon!?"

"Okay I know that you're ang-"

"Oh I'm pissed! Do you know how irresponsible that was? She's a literal child."

"Cmon, can't you look past it?"

"I'll think about it."

Mia barged in their dorm room with red eyes. "Kathrine dumped me!"

Amber hugged Mia. "Oh no sweetie, are you okay?"

"No! She was my everything. Apparently she's been canoodling with her ex for a while now."

"That bitch."

"Marinette!" Talia barged in the dorm sweating. "Madam Gonzalez was in a car accident."

Marinette snorted. "Hah, serves her right."

"Hey, can everyone leave? I wanna spend the rest of this day with my fiance."

"Amber, I have classes."

"Fuck your classes. We're spending time together."

"If you say so."

Talia got up from Marinette's bed. "I'll tell the teacher you're sick."

Marinette turned to Amber. "So why do you wanna make me miss class today?"

"Wedding shopping."

"I'm not even supposed to do that with you."

"Then we go watch a movie. I just wanna do something with you."

Marinette was already scrolling through the movies that were playing the local theatre. "Scream is out."

"Great! We'll go to that-

______

"Marinette!" Adrien whispered and elbowed Marinette. "Where are your thoughts at?"

"What?" Marinette blinked a few times and realized where she was. Oh right.

Ambers funeral. 

Marinette sighed and focused herself on the priest talking. She wanted to go back to her imagination.

"Where was your head at?"

"I'll tell you later."

"....Now family and friends can say goodbye to the girl."

Marinette sighed. All her eyes were looking at her as she stepped forward and started crying the moment she approached the coffin. Talia came running and helped her up.

She went back to where she stood. She looked how everyone went and said something to Amber. Marinette started fidgeting with her engagement ring. She wanted to go home.

She couldn't stand this.

______

Marinette stood alone at a tree watching people be happy or walk away. She hated it. Everyone was happy while she lost the most important person in her life.

She wanted to join Amber. But she couldn't leave her parents and friends. 

She just couldn't

"Marinette sweetie."

Marinette turned around and saw her mother. Sabine was a safe place for her. She broke down on her mother and started talking about how nothing was gonna be the same again.

Because it wouldn't.

And now she felt all alone.