fifteen

"My cousin!" Youra exclaimed with big eyes when Taehyung frowned before blinking rapidly

"My cousin!" Youra exclaimed with big eyes when Taehyung frowned before blinking rapidly. "He's my c-cousin. Yeah. And I just thought, what's better than living at his place for a little break?" She chortled awkwardly while sipping from her cup of coffee.

"I never knew you had a cousin here in Seoul?" Taehyung's brows furrowed further if that was possible, his lips sealed together. "But that's great. I look forward to meeting this brother of yours," He gave a bright smile, nodding in satisfaction. "What'd you say his name was again? Jeon Jungko-"

"Well, forget him! Let's focus on something more important," She grinned, grabbing his hand. "I met my father and he was so exhilarated to see me! Heartwarming, really. I felt a little bad for leaving him on his own, but I feel like even he needs the time." She spoke quicker than she usually did, but she meant all the words.

"That sounds great, Youra. He usually doesn't express himself so it really must've made him happier to see you back and home. I'm glad you gave him a visit." Taheyung smiled warmly which made her beam back, turning to face the river as they stood on the bridge in a secluded corner. A little bit of free time had awarded them with a nice outing near their workplace, where they stood now after grabbing a few beverages, talking about random matters that had been coming to their mind.

"I'm happy I have you to guide me through the whole process of getting back to work, Tae." Youra whispered, not meeting his eyes. "I'm not sure if anyone else would've accompanied me in everything and anything the way you are," She sighed, rubbing her palms around the warm cup in her hands.

"Of course? I mean, I don't really do anything, really," The actor slurped his lime water until he gurgled which caused Youra to roll her eyes with a smile. "No, for real. You know how to handle stuff at work yourself. Even after everything that's happened, you seem to be going on like nothing's different. You always were an effortless actress." He praised and she chuckled, shaking her head.

"Thank you, Taehyung." She shrugged a little, softly smiling.

"Thank me when I decide what to give you as your present." He leaned in and whispered before winking at her. Her brows drew together before she enquired what he was talking about.

"Come on, you turn twenty-six real soon," He nudged her with his side and she giggled, resting her hands on the railing. "I'll say you don't have to get me a thing but as far as I know you, my statement would probably get royaly ignored," She laughed along with him.

"So when am I going to meet your cuzzie?" His teeth appeared and her smile dissolved eyes widened before she started to chuckle and snort awkwardly, patting his shoulder.

"Soon. I'm sure he'll be absolutely thrilled to meet you..." Her pained smile went unnoticed by the oblivious man until she looked away.
"So thrilled."

There he stood near a bush filled with light yellow flowers, one of his hands buried inside his pockets and the other holding his cellphone close to his ear. Youra happily walked towards his form, the bright rays of the sun making her eyes crinkle as she made her way towards the lawyer in his usual work attire, immersed in some conversation while observing the greens.

"You're early," He said as soon as he sensed her presence behind him after hanging up, turning around but not looking up from the device, trying his best to concentrate on it.

"At least you remember I was gonna visit..." She mumbled, handing him a cup of his usual coffee that he liked. His lips curled up a little before he mumbled a little 'thanks', starting to walk back towards the office. She had not expected that she'd find him in the garden at this hour, for he would be mostly buried under piles of files inside the darkness of his office, but there he had been, getting a good amount of sunlight but probably still working along with it.

"You underestimate my observance, Youra." He said, taking small steps with her.

"Not my fault when you offer no reactions to me whatsoever," She shrugged, wanting to have the last word and so Jungkook let her. "Guess what Taehyung told me today," She excitedly beamed.

"That he's incredible at some other dope shit that you fawn over?" He muttered and she clicked her tongue. "You're doing it again," She tilted her head before muttering as well.

"No, Jungkook! That my birthday is right around the corner!" She voiced a little louder to emphasize and he nodded, looking at the ground. "Sounds good." It would've been a lie if she said she was surprised at the lack of response, but she did not mull over it anyway. She was optimistic today and she planned to keep it that way. 

"We're trying to avail all the surveillance cameras in your house today, so my people are probably having a conversation with your father right now," He informed her after realising she was not asking him the same questions over and over again.

"That's new." She whispered in a small voice.

"I... hope you did not tell your father too much about everything?" He carefully worded and she glanced at him. "I got to know about your little visit, yes." He tapped his fingers on his mobile phone. "Explains the dent on my car, too." He gestured towards the black vehicle as they walked past it, turning towards the main entrance of his workplace.

"You don't need to be worried about a thing, he's my dad." She shrugged but clearly saw the hesitant look on his face, the expression that he usually made whenever he was thinking twice before saying things out loud in front of her. "Jungkook? What are you implying?" She frowned.

"I'm not- Come on, Youra. Don't put me behind bars like that!" He finally spared some time to look at her, a defensive look on his face. "Considering whatever state you are in, I just want you to be careful." He quietly said before pushing the glass doors and entering inside the law firm headquarters, swiftly making his way to the office.

"I am careful," She said as she followed him, lost in her own thoughts along with taking a good look at the lobby in which she remembered walking into weeks ago, her state back then way different from what it was now.

Jungkook stopped in his tracks when he realised she was still following him to his office like a lost puppy, making him smile a little and pinch his eyebrows for a second before he turned around and went to the desk of his secretary.

"I'll be going home a little earlier today. If anyone comes looking for me, tell them to meet me tomorrow," He placed an authoritative hand on the slab and his secretary slowly nodded, secretly glancing at Youra's form behind him before getting back to work. Indeed it had been a while since Jungkook had gone home earlier than she had.

"For sure, sir."

༺༻