Chapter 3: Sacrifice

After they made amends, the five Cures, along with Bad End Happy, ran toward the exit of the Bad End realm, but suddenly, they heard soft giggles. "What is that?' asked Peace, but Bad End Happy had an uneasy feeling, as she knew who was inside. "Miyu?" asked Happy, "Is something wrong?" The other girl turned. "N-no, i-it's nothing." "Well, it better be nothin.'" said Sunny, and Beauty nodded in agreement, until it got even louder, making Bad End Happy tremble.

 Suddenly, the giggling stopped. "Well, well. It looks like the Pretty Cures have come to destroy me!" They turned, and out of some black smoke a figure emerged. Joker! "What are you doing here?" asked Happy. "Well, I was just about to celebrate, until someone betrayed me. That was a loyal servant of our master who did!" "Who? Bad End Happy?" asked March.

 The other girl trembled. But then, Joker stopped smiling, and shouted, "Yes! Her! I thought that she would be with me, until you took her from me, Cure Happy!" Then he stopped and turned away, "Let's see how you feel if you like..this!" he said, as he shot a purple blast towards them, hitting Bad End Happy on the side as she tumbled against a wall. Then, he started to attack the Cures, who teamed up to fight him, but he dodged their blows.  

Finally, when they were about to land a kick, he shoved them as they fell to the floor before paralyzing Happy. "Oh no! Are you guys okay?" asked Happy, concerned. "So this is when the world's happiness is gone. Farewell, Cure Happy!" he said, as he took his sword. The girl screamed, closing her eyes, but Bad End Happy came in front, and Joker stabbed her gem as they fell. Happy looked at her and said, "You saved me." then was shocked when she saw that Bad End Happy's gem cracked, and there was a hole. "Why did you do that?" she asked. "When I used to be with Joker, I didn't know what happiness was." She continued, "I used to think..that I only should have been happy, because I wasn't happy before, and lost it a long time ago." 

Then she said, "But then, I realized something from how you acted with your friends

Then she said, "But then, I realized something from how you acted with your friends. That you never cared only about your own happiness, but their happiness. And that...made you happy." Happy then stopped and looked at her, "But why did you let Joker hurt you?" she asked. "I realized then, that since you were my friend, and I like you...I would want to make you happy! At least you would smile without someone like me destroying it." Happy then shouted, "No that's not real! I never hated you! You're good, and you're one of my friends! There has to be another way!" Suddenly, she saw a pink glow, coming from her, and gasped. "Although, I never was able to smile or have a friend like you..." She stopped, looking at her, closed her eyes, and smiled. A pure, happy smile as she faded out of Happy's arms. The other girl clutched her gem, hugging it, as she saw the sparkles fly. Joker got up behind her, and said, "How fitting, for the traitor to die." Then Happy sobbed into the gem, and yelled, "How dare you, Joker! I will never spare you! She only wanted to be happy, and was my friend!" "Not spare me? Then there's no matter, I will soon destroy you." Then Happy and Joker fought, hand to hand, as Happy punched him in the same place where Bad End Happy was punched, and her Smile Pact started to glow. Joker then gasped and looked at her in surprise. "The greatest sacrifice is when you sacrifice your own happiness for someone else! Especially those dear to you! PreCure! Happy Shower...Shining!" she said, as she raised her hands, and aimed at Joker, throwing him away. 

Happy groaned. She was tired. She turned to her friends, as they got up. "Are you guys okay?" she asked, as she helped them up. "Yeah. We're fine." said Beauty, and she slightly smiled. Then, Sunny noticed the gem. "What happened?" she asked. "Miyu's...gone." "But, she sacrificed herself, to save you!" said March. "I guess she really was one of my best friends." she said. "She will always be with you." said Peace, putting her hand on her shoulder. But before leaving, Happy took the gem, and kissed it, saying,

"Dear Bad End Happy.

I never understood how you felt, and thought that you were selfish and cruel. But, I never knew about your kind heart, and how you came to help me and my friends. Therefore, I am ultra happy to say, that you too, deserve a happy ending. With all of us. I am also happy to have been your friend, and I hope that we meet again soon, when we defeat Pierrot. There, I promise, that you will have a happy ending, with me, and all of us. And you are right. The greatest sacrifice is when you sacrifice your own happiness for someone else. That is true, and I will keep it in my heart forever.

Until then, take care.

Love,

Hoshizora Miyuki/Cure Happy."

Smile PreCure belongs to Toei Animation