▾ Take a break, bro !Angst! 《 Ishimondo 》▾

REQUEST FOR uI'llimatecosmo11037 (Sorry it got angsty lmao-)
TW'S FOR THIS STORY: ISHIMONDO, MENTIONS OF MAKOTO, BYAKUYA, CELESTE, DAIYA AND THE SHIP CHARACTERS, HEAVY SWEARING, THE PHRASE MAN UP, MENTIONS OF JUVIE
Headcanons featured in this story: Gay (MLM) and demiromantic Kiyotaka (He/they) and Bi Demiboy (They/he) Mondo
A/N: Okay, little serious bit here. I'm using this story as a bit of a vent, so feel free to skip. Sometimes I get concerned about most of, if not all of my friends, when they are going non-stop at something, without any breaks or any whatever. I beg of you all to take breaks, even if you enjoy what you're doing, and take some time out of your life to breathe. Also, another thing. I'm sick to bloody death hearing the phrase "Man up" aimed towards me, in fact aimed towards anyone in general. You have no fucking idea what's going on in that person's life, and you're gonna blame their "childish" actions on them? That's just fucking foolish. I've been told to "Man up" ever since I was a young kid all the way to now, all because I hate anything loud and I find it hard to trust people. I relate heavily to both Mondo and Taka in this story, and if any of you have had any experiences like this then 1- you can talk to me anytime, just message me and 2- I hope you get some joy out of these characters. Now onto the story!

Kiyotaka's POV
December 8th, Despair Hotel/Dorm Rooms
I woke up as I heard Mondo snoring into my ear. "Well he's not getting up anytime soon." I sighed and shrugged my shoulders and went to check the time. 10 AM SHARP?! MONDO'S SLEPT IN! I'D BETTER WAKE THEM! I thought to myself as I walked back into the dorm, and got their little Maltease plushie, which they called Chuck after their old pet Maltease, Chuck. I rubbed it against his face like he would randomly do during the night and whispered into his ear, "Broooo, time to get up!" They groaned and slowly opened their eyes. "Oh, what nowwww?" They sounded like a small child on the first day of school. "MORNING BRO!" I yelled, as he pulled a pillow over his ears. "You're being too loud for this time in the morning..." "Oh, sorry..." I covered my mouth and bowed my head. I was horrible at controlling my volume, even Makoto would complain about me shouting at the most insane times. "Nah, you're good, I'm just a bit of a sourpuss in the morning I suppose." They said as they took the pillow away from their ears. "No! What can I do to make you feel better?" "Bro, I said your fine. The most you can do is a hug, I guess." Mondo loved hugs, so I unhesitatingly pounced back onto the bed and hugged him as tight as I could. "I'm sorry bro.." "I told you to stop fucking apologising, you hear?" "Okay bro." They ruffled my hair around and then got up. "This isn't us getting ready to go about our day, isn't it?" I wanted to agree, I loved being productive and hated this sluggish nonsense, but I also didn't want to make Mondo feel bad. "I suppose." "Hey, brighten up a bit bro. Try and take some of your stress away and just breathe." "BUT I CAN'T MONDO, TOO MANY PEOPLE-" "Volume." "Oops, I mean too many people constantly break the rules and no one ever deals with it and it really annoys me!"

"Right, so breathing won't help I suppose, Hm." Mondo tapped his chin as he tried to think of a solution. "How about a break from this hell ho- I mean school and we go shopping?" "Mmm." I couldn't care less. I didn't need a break. "You can pick the shops~" Mondo said in a sing-songish voice. "Sure then, deal!" I went back to my dorm and pulled on my clothes and had a few minutes to myself to chill out.

Mondo's POV
Sometimes I worried about Kiyotaka. He'd be going on 24/7 about his stupid ass rules, and would occasionally stop to say "Language" anytime he caught me swearing. It was also a huge hullabaloo to him if we were even just one minute late to some sort of event or class. Oh yeah, and I can't forget the fact he's always extremely apologetic for even the smallest things. He really needed a break, but he would straight up refuse anytime I told him to take one, either that or he'd make up some extreme excuse. When he was in his goofy moods, that was when I really, really, loved him.