⚔︎ !ANGST! For no reason at all... ↢Kuzupeko/Fuyuhiko x Peko↣⚔︎

ANGST WARNING
TW'S FOR THIS STORY: KUZUPEKO, MENTIONS OF AKANE, NEKOMARU, KAZUICHI, GUNDHAM, HIYOKO, MAHIRU, AND THE SHIP CHARACTERS, SWEARING, THE SONG "I CAN'T HANDLE CHANGE"
Headcanons featured in this story: Omni ace Fuyuhiko (He/him, AMAB, fem lean) and bi Peko (She/her, AFAB, no lean), that one couple that are just unconditional gay protectors (I am a multishipper anyway 👀 *strawberry trio fic intensifies*)
No A/N this time, just jumping straight in!

Peko's POV
I woke up and stretched, only to feel everything was turned up to 1 million. I instantly threw my pillow back over my eyes which made me bang my head against the wall, waking Fuyuhiko. I heard him then running through. "Peko! Are you alright? What fell? Did you hurt anything if it was you?" I ended up covering my ears, even his voice felt too loud. "Young Ma- I mean, Fuyuhiko, it's okay, I just don't feel myself today." He sighed a little, shaking his head. "Oh, that's fine I guess." I instantly sat up again. "No, it's not your fault. I'm just..." I cut my own sentence off as he left, probably extremely stressed about how I was feeling. All I knew is that today was going to be one hell of a ride. I followed on with Fuyuhiko to the restaurant, making sure he was safe. I instantly grabbed a plate of food and sat down as fast as I could, trying to get no one to notice. Basically the full class noticed.

"Yo, Peko! You good?" Akane asked me, making me jump a little. "Oh, hey Akane. I'm alright, just a little out of it is all. I think I may still be waking up." I sighed a little as she nodded her head. "I see, I sometimes feel like that after training with Nekomaru!" She wrapped her arm around me making me flinch and yell. "GET OFF!" The full restaurant went silent. "Did I hurt you? I'm sorry-" Akane looked really concerned as Fuyuhiko instantly came over. "Is everything okay?" He asked, concerned in case Akane hurt me, although she only gave me a slight hug. "I just wanted to hug her and she got a fright or somethin', I don't know if I accidentally punched her or what?" I just laid my head on the table, hoping this strange feeling would go away soon. "Just leave her alone for a bit, this isn't like her." Fuyuhiko replied to Akane as she nodded her head, apologised once more, and headed back over to Nekomaru. I just felt like I was doing this for no reason at all.

Fuyuhiko's POV
Peko was having one of her bad days, I knew it. They have never been as bad as this though. "Peko, would you like to go somewhere alone?" I asked her softly, knowing that she was already on the verge of screaming at Kazuichi and Gundham to shut up. The so called dark lord had stolen the mechanic's wrench once more and was running around teasing him with it, creating loads of noise in the process. "I should be fine." She lifted her head from the table a little and continued to eat. I smiled, also hoping she'd be fine. She had to endure this pain almost constantly, but today just seemed to be far too much on her. Unfortunately, there was a little piece of shit known as Hiyoko Saionji slowly moving up to us seat by seat at the table. "COME ON MAHIRUUUUU! I WANNA ANNOY SOME BITCHES!!" She screeched, forced tears rolling down her face. "Fine but take it too far and no more gummies." Mahiru shook her head as if to warn me that Peko was her newest target and to prepare myself. Hiyoko's crocodile tears instantly turned to laughter as she made it to the seat directly across Peko. I knew I should have taken her out when I had asked.

Peko's POV
"Sooooo... Peko! How's life?" She kicked her legs under the seat as she was too short to reach the ground. I sighed, not wanting to talk to her but forced myself to anyway. "At the moment, not good. In general, okay." She nodded her head taking what I was saying in, ready to use it against me. "Ah, I see, I see! Well isn't that a shame!" For once, she seemed to be acting sympathetic, keyword acting. I nodded my head, trying my hardest to play along, expecting her to toss in an insult any minute now. "One question. Why the hell is Fuyuhiko running after you like mad today?" She had a despicable smirk on her face, getting ready to mentally take notes of every word I was going to say. "It's nothing, well. It is something, of course, but I do not want to go any farther." Hiyoko then went on and said "Don't be a pussy, tell me everything, rant all you like." I regret telling her now, but at the time I was far too out of my comfort zone to realise she was going to make up some insult on the spot. "I feel extremely overwhelmed, I don't know what's gotten into me, I just started feeling like this when I woke up." Hiyoko nodded, holding back her laughter, trying to look interested in helping me. "Oh, that is a shame. Well, WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I SPOKE LIKE THIS!!" She basically screamed into my ears, making me cover them as she died of laughter. "OH MY GOD, I HAVE A NICKNAME FOR YOU! PUSSY PUSSYYAMA!! BAHAHAHAHA-" Mahiru and Fuyuhiko looked up at the same time, making sure she wasn't going too far. From afar, it must of looked like we were just carrying on, but in reality I was just about to reach my breaking point.

"IBUKIIII~ WE NEED A PERFORMANCE OVER HERE!!" Hiyoko gestured to Ibuki to come over, but she shook her head. "I'm sorry Hiyoko, but Peko seems like she dosen't want a performance, and I will only perform if my friends wanna hear it! I don't wanna make her any worse either." Hiyoko rolled her eyes. "Bitch. Foiled my plan. I MEAN, WHAT A SHAME THAT WE CAN'T GET A PERFORMANCE! MAYBE I SHOULD SING INSTEAD! AHEM!" Fuyuhiko ran over to the table as Hiyoko slowly climbed onto it. "Hiyoko, get down or I'm telling Mahiru." She sighed, and hobbled down back onto her seat. Fuyuhiko then leaned into me. "You alright love?" He whispered as he saw just about my full body shaking. "Fuyu, it's not your fault, that's all you need to know." I kept on repeating the "It's not your fault" part to him. I then felt tears form in my eyes as Hiyoko pointed her finger at me. "OH MY GOD, SHE'S GONNA CRY SHE'S GONNA CRY! CRYBABY~" She sang loudly as I was shaking and crying for what felt like no reason at all. Hiyoko's hilarity continued until I eventually just got up and ran out, tears streaming down my face, not saying a word as I was so humiliated, which made Hiyoko laugh even more.

Fuyuhiko's POV
And Peko's fucked off. Great. "NEXT TIME, ALL OF YOU BETTER PUT YOURSELVES IN HER SHOES, ESPECIALLY YOU, HIYOKO. THAT WASN'T FUNNY AT ALL." One thing I was glad about is that I could get everyone's attention easily. Mahiru then took Hiyoko away from the table. "Hiyoko, this is so immature of you. No more gummies and we are cancelling our trip to the flower garden!" Hiyoko stopped laughing instantly as Mahiru yelled at her. "NOOO, I'M SORRY MAHIRU-" "You made someone really upset, so you're gonna need to show me, Fuyuhiko, and Peko that you're really sorry." "Okay..." She sighed as I ran off from the restaurant back to the cottage. "Peko, Peko, Peko, Peko, please, you gotta let me in. It's only me, Fuyu." The door slightly opened and I saw her incredibly puffy ruby red eyes peek out. She must have been crying a lot.

"Alright, first of all, can I hug you?" Peko took a minute and replied. "Yes, but be careful." I leaned in and hugged her, kissing her on the forehead. Her breathing calmed down a lot more when I hugged her. "Now, have you figured out what was wrong today?" I softly spoke again, with a slight smile on my face to be sure I wasn't intimidating. "I just don't know what happened, I just felt really overwhelmed..." Peko sighed. "Hey, it's okay, I get like that sometimes. You can usually tell cause that's when I start cussing and yelling a lot." We both laughed slightly, until we got interrupted by a knock at the door. It was Mahiru, dragging Hiyoko along to apologise. "Hey Fuyuhiko, it's me. I've brought Hiyoko along with a little thing." I opened the door, ushering Peko forward, who sighed when she saw the little brat. "Heyyy, um, I'm really sorry for earlier. I made you a little present. I uh, hope you like it." She put the present into Peko's hands, which made both of them smile. "Hiyoko, it's alright. I've calmed down now, everything was just far too much for me. Thank you for your little present, would you like me to open it just now?" Peko asked, in her usual calm voice, as Hiyoko eagerly jumped up and down, begging for Peko to open the present. I, personally, was envious, as she had got freshly baked cookies and loads of gummies. Peko and Hiyoko ended their little chat with a hug, and they waved each other off. Mahiru smiled at Peko, who laughed knowing that she was the mastermind behind Hiyoko's little performance and in reality she probably never actually wanted to do it.

We ended the day eating the cookies and watching some movies. Although she has her bad days, I bloody love Peko.