32

☻ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ☻

Senjuro lead Tanjiro inside and he carried you on his back even though his gut was still injured. He does the same thing for you like you'd always do for him when he's injured. You would always try to help him or others, no matter how hurt you were.

Tanjiro laid you carefully down on the floor and sat down next to you. Senjuro offered him some tea while you were still knocked out. Tanjiro felt really down after head-butting Shinjuro. Then Senjuro gave Tanjiro a book that his father always read. But when he opened it, his and Senjuro's eyes widened. The book was ripped in shreds. Senjuro apologized about it, but Tanjiro told him it's fine and that it's not his fault. Later then Tanjiro told Senjuro that he'll become a strong Hashira just like Rengoku, no matter what will happen.

Senjuro smiled sweetly and had tears in his eyes. Then you woke up and saw Tanjiro and Senjuro almost about to cry. You wanted to ask, but didn't. Senjuro then told Tanjiro that you were Rengoku's Tsuguko, but you learned way too quick, so Rengoku also used to train Senjuro. Since you already knew about the breathing styles, you could learn faster than the others. Senjuro also told him that you sometimes watched and even helped Senjuro with his training. You are like a big sister to him and he respects you.

Normally, Senjuro would become Rengoku's Tsuguko as well but... His Nichirin Sword failed to change color. Senjuro decided to not become a swordsman again. Tanjiro just told him to do what he feels right to. If someone bad-mouthed Senjuro he would personally head-butt this person.

After that long talk you and Tanjiro had to go back to the estate. Senjuro thanked you both for coming over and Tanjiro thanked him as well, for letting him stay. Before you both would head to the butterfly estate, Senjuro would give Tanjiro, Rengoku's Nichirin Sword guard. Tanjiro didn't wanted to take it, but Senjuro insisted. Tanjiro then took it at the end and thanked him.

You and him were already walking a bit and Senjuro gave you both a little wave, but then... You quickly ran to Senjuro back and tackle him in a hug. Tanjiro was surprised at first, but then smiled.

"I-.. Y/n?.." Senjuro asked, surprised.

"I will miss you, Senjuro. Please take care of yourself." You had little tears in your eyes and hid it behind his back.

"Of course... Thanks, Y/n." He said and hugged you back. Then you let go and jogged back to Tanjiro. You gave him a big wave and called,

"Bye bye, Senjuro!"

Then you grabbed Tanjiro's hand. He was blushing a bit but then smiled at you. You both then finally started to walk back to the estate.