two

"Hey, anyone sitting here? You do speak English right? You look English? Sorry" a female voic chuckled, slightly startling Bella. She had become quite engrossed in her phone messaging her friends, taking the occasional sip from her hot chocolate.

She looked up to see a fair skinned, mousy brown haired girl. In the same Ferrari jumper as herself. "No, you can if you want" Bella smiled. She had never been one to be shy. Obviously she was nervous. She was in a new country, with people she had never ever met. But the excitement overtook. And that didn't change her ability to speak to people.

"Hi, I'm Aimee. Aimee Schneider"

"Bella. Your new this year too, right?"

"Yep, photographer and videographer. Your doing social media managing?"

"Yep, so we should be working together quite a bit?"

"Yeah, thank god. It's less embarrassing if I mess up that way. Less stress. Sorry, I'm talking as if we are best friends, it's habit. But I feel like I can trust you. You have that sense about you. I like it. My mum is the only other person I have ever felt like this" Aimee spoke, softly and calmly despite seeming in a rush to get her words out "sorrry, rambling again"

"It's fine, that's more then a compliment" Bella gleamed "I'm sure we will work this out together, is this your first job?"

"Yeah, first proper job anyway. Obviously I did the waitressing when i was younger and what not. But this, yeah, my first proper job"

"Same here"

"Thank you" Aimee smiled as a large mug was placed in-front of her. Her hands immediately clasping the edge for the warmth.

"When I imagined Italy I didn't really expect temperatures the same as England" Bella giggled "I assume it's nicer in the summer. But my days, that meeting room was freezing. Never thought I'd feel warm again"

"I'm glad it wasn't just me, I thought it was the nerves. It does get warmer in the summer. Well , through my experiences"

"You've been before?"

"Twice"

"Where are you originally from? If you don't mind me asking. I can here something in your accent it's just not quite strong enough"

"Well I was born in Germany, moved to England. When I was 3. Went to a boarding school in France when I was 11-15. It was international so I was surrounded with English speakers. Spent two years back living in Germany. Obviously we had been back a few times for family. But for no longer then three weeks. Came back to England to do university in photography, videography and something else. I forget the name. Something to do with production"

"Wow, that's where it comes from then. I love it. The British base with the slight undertones. It's gorgeous"

"Thank you. I used to hate it. But I've grown to like it. How about you?"

"Nothing anywhere as exciting as you. English through and through. I was born in Surrey. Lived there until I was 17. Moved in with one of my friends just on the edge of Surrey. And then moved to Brighton by myself as soon as I finished college and went to uni near there. I still live there now. A different apartment, but similar place" Bella smiled

"You moved out young?"

"Sort of"

"Any reason, if you don't mind me asking of course"

"It's a long story. My parents just were so focused on my schooling and education I needed a break. I was much happier for it though" Bella gave the short version. As much as she felt like she could trust Aimee she didn't really feel like pouring into her whole family on their first time meeting.

"Oh. Sorry. It's good your happy now"

"Don't be sorry! I've had it easy"

Aimee smiled, taking a sip from her warm drink. Before changing the subject.

————-

A/N
Very much a filled chapter to get to know the characters. Charles content coming soon I promise. <3