twentytwo

August
📍 Belgium

Bella watched, as he scrolled through the pictures that had been taken if him. Looking at each one, trying to decide what one to post on instagram. The pair had cut the day shirt after the second race practice. Residing to Charles hotel room, changing into something slightly comfier and getting under the duvet. Bella resting against Charles chest, with his arm round her. Holding his phone in view of them both. He had been showing her some funny messages between him, Lando, George and Alex. Then had received the email of photos. In which she had been giving her input.

He finally decided on a photo of him, that Aimee had taken, a sort of birds-eye picture with him looking up at the camera. Bella watched as he typed the caption. Taking one last look before pressing 'Post'.

"You have seemed off, Belle" Charles spoke softly, pulling down his phone down on top of the duvet and pulling the girl closer into him. Her speaking had been thief and not always fully engaged but he had put it down to being to tired until noticing her fiddling with her rings as they spoke. He took one of her hands in his own. Clasping it and letting it rest on his chest "Is everything okay?"

"It will be, well I hope" Bella muttered, keeping here eyes down a she turned further on her side to funky rest herself against the brunette. Laying one of her legs over the top of his.

"You can talk to me, you know that" On a weekend, Bella knew was hard enough for him to process himself, he still was there for her. 2 years on from his good friend Antoine Hubert's passing. Coming up to the anniversary at this very track. Hence why Bella had spent the last couple of days checking up on him constantly. Not just asking, she knew he was getting sick of this, considering he was getting it a lot. And each time was just a reminder at this point. Instead she would analyse his movements, making sure he wasn't going off into a trance of thoughts.

He appeared to be coping okay. All things considered. He had spent a lot of time with Pierre, being each others closest friends on the track and being able to relate to this loss. But the two were holding up well, each of the, having a strong support network and keeping themselves busy. Each being as strong as each other. But not all was an act, they had grown particularly good at making the best out of a poor situation. And focussed on dedicating their driving to their friend rather then dwelling on it. Antoine had passed doing the thing he loved most. And everyone knew it. Bella knew that if Charles had to, he would talk to someone. Weather it be her, Pierre, Andrea, his family or someone else. He had always been an advocate for talking about your feelings, doing it himself. Even over minor inconveniences.

"You can talk to me, you know that" He stated, now rubbing circles with his thumb into the back of her hand.

"I know"

"You don't have to rush"

"Don't worry about me, until I've fallen off a cliff. Then you can"

"I always worry about you when you seem down, I want you to be okay"

"Try not to"

"Have you spoken to someone about whatever is going on?"

"Yeah. Aimee"

"Properly?"

"Yeah, I FaceTimed her straight away, and I stayed with her for a couple of days before we flew out"

"Something happened? At home?"

"Yeah, I will tell you. I just need to process it myself"

"Take your time, Bella. Whenever you are ready, I will be. I'm glad you have opened up to someone, anyone"

"Thank you, for always caring"

"I always will, belle"

"As will I, for you"

"As long as I have you around, everything is much easier"

"Well, good job your stuck with me for a while isn't it"

"Hopefully a bit longer then a while" He chuckled, resting his head backwards.

"We can maybe make that work, if you can learn the names of the pans. And I want a perfect pasta by the end of the year"

"That's a goal. I can probably achieve. For you"

"There you go. Out of racing goal"

"Bella"

"Charles"

"You want to know something?"

"Of course I do"

"Belle is a way of saying beautiful in French. So you never know if I'm calling you beautiful, or using my favourite or your nick names"

"Really?"

"Yes"

"I like that, a lot. That's, I don't know what to say. It's sweet"

"It's always a good sign when your speechless"

"You've cracked me"

"Almost, there's still something inside there. But I will get to the bottom of it"