Chapter 37

I DON'T OWN PICTURE

Chara hold Loki gently for a while. "You won't lose me so easily." Chara eventually murmur to Loki's ear. "Miss, Mr Stark want you to come downstairs. Fury is here." JARVIS suddenly say. Loki pull back and they share a confused look. "Tell them that I take shower first. Then I come downstairs." "Yes miss." Chara turn to look at Loki again. "We really need a shower." She smirk and Loki pout to her. He kiss her quickly. "Fine..." He whine. Chara chuckle and move out from his lap. "We could shower together." Loki say with mischievous smirk. Chara laugh and hit his shoulder gently. "Go, if you're not ready in 15 minutes. I leave without you." Chara threaten with smile. Loki pout and she give her quick kiss on lips. "Go." She whisper and slip inside her own bathroom.

Chara take off her armor and look at it frowning. "This will be hard to fix." She murmur to herself and lower it next to sink. She shower quickly and use her magic to dry herself, even if it cause little cramps to her lower back. She put her hair in high ponytail and put on green shirt and black pants. She wave Kiba to come with her and she close door behind her same time as Loki step out of his room. Chara smile to him. Chara frown a little for Loki's strange glance at her shirt but ignore it. "You ready to meet others?" Chara ask playfully. Loki smirk to her, hiding his fear. "Why should I scare couple humans?" He answer while rising his eyebrow. Chara chuckle and shake her head. "Come on. I want to hear what Fury has in mind." She say and lead them downstairs.

Chara could feel how tense Loki become as they come in others view. "FINALLY!" Fury say angrily. Chara smile innocently. "Woman need her showers." She answer. Fury sigh tiredly. Chara hear how others chuckle. She move to sit on armchair and Loki move to stand behind her. Kiba lay down next to her legs. Chara move her right leg over left one and turn to look at Fury. "What do you want Fury?" She ask calmly. Avengers share a worried look. Fury face Chara with angry look on his face. "Your mission was to save those scientists AND SHIELD's weapons. NOT destroy them." He yell angrily. Chara rise her eyebrow and stare at Fury. "Did you prefer if I had left them in HYDRA's hand? Those were quite dangerous." Chara ask sweetly while putting her elbows on armrests and leaning her fingertips against each others. 

Fury glare at her. Chara feel how Loki step closer to her chair and Kiba growl with deep voice. Fury glance between three of them. "You could have teleport them in safety before you explode whole place." Fury snap back. Chara's glare darkened. She lower her right leg down and stand up. Chara take deep breath. "I can ask you, why SHIELD has weapons like that?" She ask dangerously low voice. Everyone freeze on spot. Sensing how dangerous state she is right now. Chara glare at Fury. "Well?" "SHIELD is always preparing for worst." he eventually answer. 

Chara snarl. "Bullshit. I recognize weapons made to kill me." Everyone gasp. Fury stare at her without a word. "I had time to think in shower. Why both weapons I saw use fire? Who is oldest alien you know. Oldest who you know can use magic. Ice magic." Chara snarl to Fury. "It is why you warn me. You knew those weapons could kill me if they were used correctly." Chara continue with cold voice. Fury stare at her. "SHIELD always prepare for worst." He comment. Chara let out sad laugh. "Of course. You call me your friend or ally but prepare to kill me just in case." Chara answer. She blink couple times and her face drop. "Is that why you hired me to guard Loki? So you could kill us both if I was unreliable?" She ask with cold voice. 

Fury didn't answer. "I am alien to you. I am threat to you. Even if I have been living here over 1000 years without conquering whole planet." Chara laugh sadly and put her hand over her eyes. "Of course I would be threat to you." Chara lastly whisper and drop her hand. "Winter i-" Chara snarl to Fury, cutting him off. "I don't need your lies or assurances that you won't kill me. You would do it immediately if I step out of your line." Chara growl. "It is not like that. You're our ally." Fury say sternly and take couple steps toward Chara. Kiba move to stand between them and growl to Fury, making him stop. "You can't kill me Fury. I always survive. I have faced bigger threats that you can even imagine and survived." Chara answer coldly. 

"I almost agree to join Avengers. I..... I hoped that I had find friends maybe even home. Clearly I was wrong." Chara say and smile sadly to others. "You don't have to worry about me. I disappear again and won't come out for 150 years. You can forget me." Chara tell to others. She turn to walk to her room to back her things when Loki pull her in hug. Then Thor put his hand on her shoulder. "You don't have to disappear." Loki whisper. "You're already one of us." Thor announce. Then Wanda rush to hug her from other side. "I don't want you to go." She say. Then rest of Avengers come to support her. Chara slowly move out from Loki's arms and look at everyone. "You really want me?" She whisper with thick voice. "Like we could let you walk out after your performances." Tony announce and others agree. 

Chara feel how tears start to form in her eyes and wipe them angrily away. "You absolutely sure?" Chara ask again. "We are." Steve assure. "Hell, we even welcome Reindeer Games in, one more sorceress isn't that bad." Tony say. Everyone laughed when Loki glare at Tony, even Chara chuckle. Fury clear his throat. Loki pull Chara back to his chest and growl to him. "If you hurt one of us, SHIELD will have to deal with rest of us too." Tony threaten. Fury roll his eye. "Should have see that coming." He murmur. Chara just now realized that Kiba has stayed between them and Fury, letting others come to her. Chara call Kiba to her. He glare at Fury and slip past others to sit down next to her. "Our pack just got bigger." She whisper to Kiba who look like he smirked to her before licking her hand.