That Night ⚜️ 그날 밤

TW: DISTRESSING SCENES BELOW INCLUDE BLOOD + A BODY! ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Leaves crunched below her boots, the cool air tugging at the hairs on her arm, making her shiver. How could it be so cold at this time of the year? Then again, it always did get cold at night, especially on academy grounds but this night felt slightly colder. It put her on edge.

It was late at night, all she wanted was to get back to the comfort of her own bed, however, her roommate hadn't returned to her room yet, which was unusual as she wasn't the type to leave without saying a word nor disappear from the dorms at night.

Her eyes scanned around for any signs of movement but there was none, just the dauntingly empty block that lay ahead of her, a favourite place for the art students as it was big enough for them to make sculptures and statues for certain projects.

"Please let her be in here," she whispered without a hint of hope as the building looked pitch black and even colder than it was out in the open.

As she opened the door, the creaking made her feel on edge, preparing her legs to sprint away at any given moment. Wavering her arms around against the wall in a desperate attempt to find the light switch, her hand had accidentally made contact with a warm liquid.

Cursing to herself, she hoped she had not gotten paint on her or messed up one of the art majors projects. She didn't want or need the drama.

Finally she felt the familiar stub of the light switch, flicking it up as the room illuminated, flickering a few times before remaining on completely.

Gasping, her eyes widened and her legs trembled, giving way as she collapsed to the ground in shock.

Everywhere... red liquid was smeared all over the room, the colour way too vivid to be paint. She wanted to wake up from the nightmare, no longer did she want to know where her friend was in fear that the answer could be so much more traumatising than she could ever handle.

"H-" She tried to stutter out her friends name but upon noticing the strands of cut up hair scattered around the building, she could no longer manage a word.

She recognised that hair colour immediately as only one person had that shade of hair currently. It was indeed her friends. Scraping her hands along the icy wooden floorboards, the sound echoing in the empty room. Regaining some of her strength, she pulled herself up just enough to gain footing so she could run out, running as fast as she could until she came to the entrance of the dorms, a thud sounding behind her.

Frozen, she couldn't muster up the courage to look behind in fear of who or what might be waiting for her. Raising her hand, she reached for the handle of the door so she could go inside, however, the glass door reflected the image behind her.

It was as if the air had been knocked out of her, spinning around immediately and dropping down to the ground as she identified the body, the face covered by a scarf. Her fingers lingered over the scarf momentarily as she braced herself to reveal the body, knowing from this moment onwards, nothing would ever be the same again.

Eyes.

Nose.

Mouth.

Now the full face was in view. Letting out a banshee-like scream, the pain was unlike anything she had felt ever before.

Her best friend...

The girl she loved...

She was dead.

There was no way this was a suicide.