Chapter One

Key Terms <3

Y/n - Your Name
L/n - Last Name
H/c - Hair Colour
H/t - Hair Texture
H/l - Hair Length
E/c - Eye Colour
S/c - Skin Colour
F/c - Favourite Colour

- ♡︎ - ♡︎ - ♡︎ - - ♡︎ - ♡︎ - ♡︎ - - ♡︎ - ♡︎ - ♡︎ - -

"What do you mean the Boss is dead?"

Alec groaned and put his head in his hands. With how hard he dropped his head onto the table you're surprised he didn't hurt himself or spill his tea, which was placed only mere inches from where Alec's head had dropped. "One of the smaller teams within Passione and their supposed new member was sent on a mission. They were supposed to keep the boss's daughter safe and bring her to him."

"Why didn't he just ask us to do that?" Your brows furrowed, "We're who he goes to every time he needs something done that he doesn't want his elite guard to do or they just can't do. We do everything for him."

"I'm aware. This group is under the leadership of a man named Bruno Bucciarati, he runs the Protection team within Naples."

Alex paused, huffing, "They went against the Boss after—from what I know— he tried to kill his own daughter."

"Harsh."

Alec snickered at your words, "I know." He lifted his head, crossing his arms and leaning back in his seat, "After that-"

"Don't lean back in your chair." Interrupting him, you crossed your arms in a similar manner as him.

"Shut up, I wasn't done. After that, Doppio sent out those on the elite guard to take care of the Protection team. You want to know what happened?" His voice became stern as he continued, "The elite guard is dead, all of them. Doppio said that the boss didn't want to send us out because we'd end everything too quickly and he wanted to be the one to get rid of the daughter.. You want to know what's worse? This lower ranked team took out all of the hitmen from La Squadra. Isn't that incredible?"

Crinkling your nose you stared at Alec, wide-eyed, "Truly."

Alec only nodded in response. Knowing he wouldn't say anything next, you continued.

"We're the closest 'team' to the elite guard, we're on the same rank as them. Or, we were on the same rank as them." You frowned, "What's going to happen now? One of those protection team members is going to become Boss?"

"Yes. I'm pretty sure they've already figured things out amongst themselves. This happened two days ago, they kept it secret from the rest of Passione until now."

"And no one told us?"

"There was no one to tell us, (Y/n). Tiziano and Squalo usually inform us on Passione events when the Boss doesn't, and they're all gone now." Alec spoke boldly, "What I know is that there is a new Boss already in office, we just haven't been contacted yet. I heard talk earlier that he is planning on contacting us and is planning on doing it soon, and that he's aware as to our rank and names."

Your eye twitched, "Our names? No one except for the now ex-Boss knew our real names. Most of Passione except for the deceased ex Boss and elite guard don't even know what we look like. There's no way this new Boss knows who we truly are just yet. Or do you mean who Passione knows us as?"

Alec, before he responded, took a sip of his tea. His cup was set down with a small ding and the beautifully decorated teacup connected with the glass plate it had previously sat on. The Cheshire Cat grin he wore didn't falter, "The names Passione knows us as. The Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat. Though I haven't heard if he's said anything about our Wonderland team as a whole."