Sneak Peek (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

Ais leaned against the railings, looking over at the horizon as his hair blew against the breeze. His ears pick up the noise, even from up this high, he could hear the other students' chatter, their laughter, as they left.

Even from the school's rooftop, he spots the familiar dark blue cap. His throat becomes incredibly dry all of a sudden, making the indolent teen to massage it.

"You don't have to give up because of me, Ais."

Running his tongue over his chapped lips, he takes a few deep breaths. He remembers the music, the beat, the smile on his older brother's face as he sang alongside him.

He opened his mouth but nothing came out.

Staring off into the distance, he could feel himself tremble. The sounds of students' talking and laughing, the occasional whoosh of the wind or tweet of the birds.

It's too noisy.

So he took the headphones hanging from his neck and put them on, they covered his ears comfortably, and effectively blocked any and all outside noise. He turned on his phone, picking a random playlist and pressing shuffle.

Then the music started and for the first time in a long time he opened his mouth and sang . . .

And felt happy

—————————

"Do you wanna sing with me?"

—————————

"What?" "No?"

—————————

"Shut up and leave him alone!"

—————————

"You're patronizing him, Solar!"

—————————

"I'm intimidating...?"

—————————

Inspiration can come for the places you least expect.

His eyes widened, his ears perking up at the heavy somber of the plucking of strings accompanied by the rich melodic vibration keys that resonated outside and into the halls.

He doesn't even notice his heart pacing as he peered into the ajared door of the acoustic music room. He didn't want to interrupt them, not when they were finally playing together.

So he sat outside the door, blissfully listening to the music as a thought crossed his mind.

"Can I do it too?"

—————————

"How about a compromise?"

—————————

"How is it my fault no one likes you!"

"How is it my fault your band disband?!"

—————————

"I can't... I'm sorry..."

—————————

"I would like nothing more... than for you to be happy."

—————————

"What did you do to Ais?"

—————————

"Why don't you sing anymore?"

—————————

"Thank you—"

—————————

Go on! This is your passion.
Sing Your Heart Out

|[ COMING 2022 ]|