𝓑𝓾𝓷𝓷𝔂 𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼

Third person pov

Cold wind beat loudly against the windows of a small apartment in Paris. The windows were fogged up, the fireplace was already lit and warming candles made William, who just walked in through the door, feel warm and cosy.

He shook the snow out of his hair and unwrapped the scarf that had previously covered his nose and cheeks, which had been light red from the cold.

When he turned around to hang his coat on the hook, he was greeted by an energetic Sherlock, who happily hugged him from behind and gave his warmth to William.

"I'm home, Sherly" he said with a slight smile, followed by a shudder from the previous cold wind.

Turned around from Sherlock, William looked into Sherlocks eyes as he put his warm hands on the other's cheeks.

"Welcome Home. You are very cold, Liam" he said worriedly "Do you want me to run warm water for you for a bath?"

"No, that won't be necessary," he said and gave him a light kiss on his cheek.

"But Liaaammm, what if you get sick?" He replied quickly and tried to keep William warm by fetching the blanket in which he himself had been wrapped a few minutes ago and which therefore still contained his warmth.

They stayed cuddled together on the couch for a while, enjoying each other's presence. Close to each other, talking about various topics and finally falling asleep.

There's nothing nicer than a lit fireplace when it's snowing outside.

It had happened as Sherlock had foreseen. William had actually gotten sick and stayed at home over the weekend, but still couldn't stop himself from correcting his students' exams instead of resting. Monday was approaching and he was still not feeling better. Stubborn as he was, he wanted to go to university despite the fever.

The fever must have gotten worse along the way, for he was beginning to see his students with animal features. Some had puppy ears, others a cat's tail, and still others had a rabbit nose.

"Hey, why do you have mouse ears?" William asked his student awkwardly and only got confused Looks back. "And you have sheep wool on your head" he continued "did you all dress up?" He said with a nervous but weak laugh.

"No professor. Maybe you should see a doctor"

"Oh no, of course not. I'm still well enough to be able to teach" he said and sat down at the table in front of the class. It was too exhausting to stand.

Sometime later, in the middle of class, while his students were solving a worksheet, his head fell on his clasped hands and he dozed on the table. Concerned by the professor's behaviour, they informed the school principal, who sent him after the emergency contact.

He then appeared as fast as it was breathing hard and ran towards William. He sent the others in the room away so that he could fully concentrate on him.

"Damned. I shouldn't have let him go like that" he muttered to himself and then said to William to wake up while at the same time gently stroking his back to slowly wake him from sleep.

Slowly and with much blinking his eyes opened and ruby-red found sapphire-coloured ones; William's gaze fixed on Sherlock with his eyelids barely open.

"Sherly," he managed to raise a hand. "You have cute ears. Theyre so fluffy, little bunny" he said dreamily, stroking a spot in his hair far above his normal ears.

Had William taken any chemical substances? Rather not.

At this point Sherlock was just confused. Could it be because of the fever that he was hallucinating? Quite possible.

He'd probably been even sicker than he'd pretended to be. "I should have thought so," he muttered to himself and put an arm around William's waist to help him move.

"Hey sweet bunny, where are we going?" He managed to say, lifting his head slightly in Sherlock's direction.

"Home so you can rest, Liam"

"But-"

"No buts. You're not well so come with me" Sherlock said gently but firmly as he dragged William outside and looked for a carriage. After a short time one of them stopped and took the two of them to their apartment.

Once there, he persuaded William to lie down and stop playing with his non-existent rabbit ears.

William had laid his head on Sherlock's lap while he was stroking the golden strands to let him feel all his love and all the affection, he felt for the blonde angel below him and will continue to feel in the future.

He stroked in regular movements until William's breath became regular and calm and he finally fell asleep.

(Similar to when a cat sleeps on your lap, the unwritten law forbids you to move now, so Sherlock took the only book he could get from this position and read it.)

For hours. However long it would take for William to wake up again. Over time, Sherlock's eyes got tired too, and so they both slept peacefully; one hand from Sherlock on William's arm and the other right next to his head.

They both slept until sunrise and were awakened by the sun that tickled their skin. Fortunately, no more sleet.

Sherlock could see a slight twitch on William's face as he opened his eyes and smiled slightly at the sight of Sherlock.

"Good morning, Sherly" he said in an even sleepier, rough voice as he sat up and put his hand on Sherlock's cheek to give him a quick good-morning kiss, which Sherlock returned.

"Good morning, Liam" he said and pulled the blonde into another kiss. "Am I still a bunny to you?" He asked innocently, but had to keep from laughing.

"A bunny? Who said that?" Said William with a playful smile on his face. "You must have dreamed that"

"Nah, nah, definitely not. You just had a much worse fever than you said it was, didn't you? You'll stay at home next time, okay?" Sherlock insisted on an answer, looking William deep in the eyes and pinching his hip slightly.

"Okay I got it. I don't go to work so irresponsibly anymore. Satisfied?"

"I am and now let me feel your fever" said Sherlock, raising his hand to slide it under the hair on William's forehead to find that he was still slightly warm.

"Liam ..."

"Yes?"

"Stay here today"

Without waiting for an answer, he gave him a kiss on the forehead while holding the hair up with the hand he had just used and then lovingly leading it to the back of his head, where he made circular movements with his thumb.

With such an offer, William couldn't resist, of course, and so he agreed to stay.

A/N

Heyyy guys ^3^ hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I did while writing it and I am glad that you all are here :P

Kinda requested from @IAmPosefishFearMe

Fanart is mine as usual ◝(⁰▿⁰)◜ (praying, that you like it)

Thanks for all of your comments and votes aaaand see you next chapter (≧▽≦)

~ 1190 words

~ 30.12.2021