46. Karma's a Bitch

Emmett tried to cool off. After locking himself in his office, he realized he'd been too harsh with Kazimir. He just hadn't expected him to go against him and confide in the police about what happened with Grace. Did he not trust him at all?

A loud ruckus startled him as he gazed up from his computer, frowning. It sounded like glass shattering. What the hell was going on? Pushing himself up from his swivel chair, Emmett made his way down into the lounging room.

Alfie, Rylee, and Charlie gathered around on the two sofas. The moment he stepped into the room, they tensed up and went silent. It had Emmett curious, but he couldn't place what was wrong.

"Hey, what's going on?" Emmett asked them.

"Boss, you ain't gonna like this," Alfie told him.

"Huh? What? Where's Kaz?" Emmett asked.

Charlie spoke up. "He said you don't gotta worry bout him no more, boss."

Emmett frowned. "What does that mean?"

"He's done," Rylee said. "This was his final straw. You punched him in the face for being honest about what happened. I'd be pretty pissed off too."

"Oh well, I think it's for the best." Alfie shrugged. "Kaz was never a great member anyway."

"Come on, Kaz wouldn't really leave us, would he?" Emmett asked. "I can make it up to him. I'll buy him some new art supplies and apologize for throwing him under the bus."

"Art supplies ain't gonna bring Kaz back," Charlie told him. "Boss, I'm sorry, but you really messed up this time. Kaz always has your back and you turned yours on him."

"You guys are being too dramatic. I'll give him a call and see where he's gone. Don't worry, I'll get him back to us. Kaz wouldn't abandon the rebels."

Nobody responded, just watched in silence as Emmett dialed the number. In the distance, they heard Kazimir's cell phone ringing, likely from up in their shared bedroom. Curiosity urged Emmett to check up there, surprised to find how Kazimir had packed up his clothes and even took the little dreamcatcher he'd hung above their bed.

Emmett hurried back downstairs, stuffing his phone in his pocket. "He's really gone. I don't understand. Where could he have gone? Maybe he's with his old roommate, Jordy? I can drive down there and check the place out."

As Emmett made his way out into the old auto shop, he froze when he reached his blue cadillac. He found out what the shattering sound had been. His precious car had been the victim of Kazimir's rage and it took everything within Emmett not to scream at the sight of his beautiful car's windshield broken. It would cost him a nice lump sum to fix it.

He traced his finger along a giant scratch on the door, embedded deep into the paint. Only then did he realize it wasn't just a scratch, but a word had been scratched into his precious car.

Dickhead.

"That little asshole," Emmett cursed under his breath.

First he betrayed him by confiding in CPS about what happened with Grace, then he had the audacity to bust his car's windshield and key his door in. Emmett couldn't believe his lover would do such a thing to him. After everything they'd been through, Emmett thought he could always count on him. No matter what Alfie said, Emmett never doubted his loyalty. Not until now.

Emmett vowed to find Kazimir and not only bring him back to their gang, but beat the hell out of him for going as far as damaging his precious car. What the hell had gotten into him? It had to be influence from that fucking Lindel cop, who seemed to want to take him away.

It didn't matter where Kazimir fled to because Emmett would find him and bring him home. No matter what it cost.