Chapter Eighteen

November 25th,2021
Recap:
After two more nights at 'Evelyns House' She went back home and hasn't talked to Junior since.

Alyssa POV:
We have dinner with the Wheelers tonight. School is out today for Thanksgiving. I am thankful that me and Junior broke up. Ouch that hurt me to think.

It's 5pm and dinner is at 6pm. "Honey get ready dinner is soon. "Okay mom, I love you." "Love you" she says then walks away. I start getting ready.

I walk to the car and we start driving. I turn on the radio. "Cloud 9" by Beach Bunny. It's one of the best songs but it reminds me of him.

We get there and we all sit. I sit by my mom and Jake. Across from me is Junior. It's awkward, we all just eat in silence.

"How about we share two things we are grateful for this thanksgiving." Bree suggests. "Okay I'll start" my mother says.

"You all and my job" I mean she's a doctor so makes since. "Alyssa?" "Oh uhm, Evelyn and You guys." I say sitting up in my chair. Then everyone else goes except Junior and Bree.

Once it's his turn he says "Lexy and Family." Wow, okay then. Bree looks at me after he says that. She could tell I didn't wanna hear it. I give her the 'I don't really care' face. She nods.

"Well Uhm I guess, friends and family" Bree speaks. I get a text. "Alyssa no phones at the table." My mom speaks up. I mouth 'it's important' and then she nods.

I call Evelyn. "HURRY GET HERE THERE IS A FIRE!" "EV?!" Then the phone hangs up. I speed out the house.

Junior POV:
"Where is she going" my mom says concerned. We all stand. We go after her. I run the fastest to see what was wrong. She's crying watching a fire get put out at Lexys house.

Then Oliver's dead body gets pulled out on a bed. "OLIVER!" She screams then falls to the floor. Then Lexy,Devon, and Evelyn get rolled out in breathing masks.

"Ev?" She stands and follows the firefighter with Evelyn in a bed. She stands in the middle of the road as they drive away.

She just stands there numb. I go up to her. "Are you okay?" She turns around with tears rolling down her cheeks. She can't speak I can tell her throat is aching filled with tears.

She is breathing heavy. I would hug her but she won't let me. She just pulls away. She keeps breathing heavier and heavier. "Alyssa?" I ask. She just sits on the sidewalk shaking her head 'no'.

Her mom runs over. "Honey it's okay." She is shushing her and calming her down as if this has happened before.

"What's happening?" I ask as my mom walks behind me. "Panic attack" my mom whispers in my ear. Panic Attack?

She hugs her mom tight. She wipes her tears. "The hospital. We need to go to the hospital. Now" then her and her mom walk to the car and drive away.